DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Fireworks settings

TXHou

Reactions
First let me say this was filmed above an area that had no people around and you could see the lights on the mavic to determine orientation.

ISO 400
Shutter 1/25
2.7k @24 FPS
Cloudy White Balance

I think the picture quality came out very nice for the mavic. I know the editing is garbage, but I did it in less than 10 minutes. Mainly wanted to see quality at night with fireworks on the Mavic.

I skipped out on videoing a local fireworks event because I was concerned that it wouldn't look very good at night. Now I'm sad because apparently my fears were completely unwarranted. :-(

Reactions: MotorMan and Rbruz
Sorry to hear that WDEnterprises.

I spent a good amount of time looking into how to make it come out decent lol. Some people were suggesting 1600 ISO and other crazy settings.

If set up right IMO it can look really good.

Reactions: MLR
First let me say this was filmed above an area that had no people around and you could see the lights on the mavic to determine orientation.

ISO 400
Shutter 1/25
2.7k @24 FPS
Cloudy White Balance

I think the picture quality came out very nice for the mavic. I know the editing is garbage, but I did it in less than 10 minutes. Mainly wanted to see quality at night with fireworks on the Mavic.

That came out great! The bugs here were so bad that I ran inside after 5 minutes. Nice job! Not an AC/DC fan, but that song worked well.

That came out great! The bugs here were so bad that I ran inside after 5 minutes. Nice job! Not an AC/DC fan, but that song worked well.

Thanks Stuart.

Most of the other songs I tried seemed pretty overused when combining with the fourth of July and fireworks so AC/DC won out. Usually will try to edit a big longer but my Fiancee was acting like if I got it up before the day ended it would go viral. Lol.

Try shooting 1600 ISO with around 50 frames a second works amazing for myself. You want to keep the video dark and have the camera set-up for when the fireworks explode.

Last edited:

Shot 1600 ISO, 1/50 and 4k downscaled to 1080p

By no means am I a pro but I always shoot 24 frames a second to be as cinematic as possible.

Also in my experience anything over 400 ISO lets in too much noise. Could have gone lower but it seemed too dark under 400. I was trying to get the best motion blur possible with the Fireworks which is why I had the shutter speed as slow as possible.

ISO 400
Shutter 1/25
2.7k @24 FPS
Cloudy White Balance

"Same" shutter speed at fps? Interesting. Goes against the convention wisdom of the 180 rule

Nigpd,

Normally I use whatever my fps is x2 for shutter speed, which in my case almost always would be 1/50. Only changed this for fireworks to let as much light into the camera.

Reactions: Nigpd
There is three options for focus I use. Mostly I would use the tap to focus which is still the best imo. There is a center auto focus that you can map to the of the C buttons. So whatever is in center is in focus. There is also a Auto focus feature now that I am not a big fan of.

For this video I did none of the above. Did you see any focusing issues in the video in first post? I am still learning so if you did please point them out.

Thank you.

Last edited:
By no means am I a pro but I always shoot 24 frames a second to be as cinematic as possible.

Also in my experience anything over 400 ISO lets in too much noise. Could have gone lower but it seemed too dark under 400. I was trying to get the best motion blur possible with the Fireworks which is why I had the shutter speed as slow as possible.

Looks good. Very nice work.

Reactions: TXHou

ISO 400
Shutter 1/25
2.7k @24 FPS
Cloudy White Balance

I was very impressed.
How high were you flying?
The editing wasn't bad at all.

Shutter... blah blah blah, fps, blah blah blah, I use a this and a that with these settings.... what ever.

Here is what I say; The video was really cool. You were close to the show for sure and it turned out awesome. Editing is what editing is, I watched the whole thing, and showed it to someone else. So well done and thanks for sharing.

There is three options for focus I use. Mostly I would use the tap to focus which is still the best imo. There is a center auto focus that you can map to the of the C buttons. So whatever is in center is in focus. There is also a Auto focus feature now that I am not a big fan of.

For this video I did none of the above. Did you see any focusing issues in the video in first post? I am still learning so if you did please point them out.

Thank you.

I guess your focusing is okay. Although many MP users have focusing issues during low-light situations which make them resort to manual focus instead of the center or tap-focus.

I guess your focusing is okay. Although many MP users have focusing issues during low-light situations which make them resort to manual focus instead of the center or tap-focus.
Shutter... blah blah blah, fps, blah blah blah, I use a this and a that with these settings.... what ever.

Here is what I say; The video was really cool. You were close to the show for sure and it turned out awesome. Editing is what editing is, I watched the whole thing, and showed it to someone else. So well done and thanks for sharing.

Thank you both! Was a ton of fun to film this. I wont lie and say it didn't produce any nerves flying that close to fireworks lol.

I wont lie and say it didn't produce any nerves flying that close to fireworks lol

Any idea how close you were to them, just at a guess? or did you happen to look at the map compared to the firework launch site?

If you'd rather not say, I completely understand :)

Any idea how close you were to them, just at a guess? or did you happen to look at the map compared to the firework launch site?

If you'd rather not say, I completely understand :)

Haha, I dont mind saying as I didn't fly through the fireworks like some people do.

When I was walking into the park you could see where the fireworks where going to be launched as they roped off the entire area. I used that as a reference point and found the nearest area with no people and launched. From there probably moved my mavic 15-30 ft from the furthest part of any of the fireworks blast radius.

Reactions: Joely-Bird
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair