DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic FPV Racing Drone Leaked!

zeeeegerman

Reactions
Hey everyone,

The latest details of the much-awaited DJI Mavic FPV Racing Drone:

I wonder what you guys think about this thing. Would you buy it?

Reactions: davefabik
Hey Cyborg, have you flown any kind of fpv quadcopter before?
No but at my age I don't think my reflexes are up to FPV racing.
Rather like my ageing friend who got a Honda Fireblade but sold it and got a plod along Harley instead, before he killed himself.
I can see the fun factor of FPV but I like to see my drone in its surroundings.

No but at my age I don't think my reflexes are up to FPV racing.
Rather like my ageing friend who got a Honda Fireblade but sold it and got a plod along Harley instead, before he killed himself.
I can see the fun factor of FPV but I like to see my drone in its surroundings.

There is so much more than just racing with FPV. There are more and more cinematic FPV quads coming available as well as building your own.
I guess maybe I am lucky as I am coming up on 61 years of age and my Mavic 2 Pro sits in the case while I fly any of my six FPV quads whenever I can as it is soooo much more fun. I tend to enjoy seeing my surroundings from the drone versus watching a blip in the sky (my eyesight isn't quite what it used to be but can see perfectly clear in the goggles). Also, those six FPV quads cost less all together than the M2P did. Most the time when I crash, I just take off and fly again. Worse case, it may cost a hundred bucks to get back in the air. If my M2P crashes, it will be a huge bill to fly again.

I don't understand the motorcycle statement as you are not "riding on the quad" and there is no personal danger if you crash (unless you crash into yourself maybe)...

The following line of sight flying would require top reflexes and extreme talent as he is flying in "acro" or "full manual" mode. No gps or self leveling/hovering. I don't think I have enough years left to acquire the skill set for this degree of flying. This dude is amazing...

I got bit by the FPV bug and am glad I did, regardless of my age.

I don't understand the motorcycle statement as you are not "riding on the quad" and there is no personal danger if you crash (unless you crash into yourself maybe)...
The motorcycle comment was about age & reflexes in general, you want good reflex for a racing drone in the same way you do with a stupidly fast motorcycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty