DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The New DJI Mini 3 Pro Launch And Order Status!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 9.13.47 PM.png
Well Mini Lovers, May 10th is the date for the release of the DJI Mini 3 Pro!
It's getting close to the event and as we tend do here when a new product is released is to add a sticky thread about your order status and shipping. It gives everyone a insight on when they will first unbox and fly!

(This thread will open to post in at the time of launch.)

Please feel free to post your thoughts on the event video and to post about your order status if you should decide to purchase. Be sure to indicate your purchase source, like the DJI Store, Best Buy, Amazon, or other Authorized Dealership, Order time, shipped to received.

A live event link will be posted here when it starts.
Good Luck with your decision and or purchase.

Thanks DM..

Looks like specs are inline with the rumors. Disappointed that delivery is promised for August.
Who among you is ordering the included screen, and how did you come about your decision. Thanks in advance.

I re-placed my order, as I forgot the Flymore and DJI Refresh in the 1st go.
Now it's sitting and waiting for a shipping date, at the order process is said: "Not all products may be available at the same time ... combined shipping for all articles with the latest one ..." or so.

@whazzup
Order the DJI RC because the old SC is not supported anymore and I don't like to fiddle around with cables and my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque and whazzup
Now it's sitting and waiting for a shipping date, at the order process is said: "Not all products may be available at the same time ... combined shipping for all articles with the latest one ..." or so.

@whazzup
Order the DJI RC Pro because the old SC is not supported anymore and I don't like to fiddle around with cables and my phone.
Good point. One of the speed bumps to flying is hooking up my phone. Just for that alone it may be worth the extra $$.

Delivery for August is only for the controller without the screen. Otherwise delivery soon.

Last point: I found Litchi and I like the semi-autonomous flight afforded by using Waypoints generated only desktop. I can't find a similar functionality in the discussion on the DJI site. That said, tracking is very welcomed.

Edited: I now see the controller for the Mini 2 looks like the same as Mini 3 pro. Maybe I wasn't the only one frustrated by having to take my phone out of the case to fly my original Mini.

@whazzup
Order the DJI RC Pro because the old SC is not supported anymore and I don't like to fiddle around with cables and my phone.

I think (hope) you meant to say ordered with the "DJI RC" (without the "Pro") which is the screened version that comes with the mini 3 pro. The RC Pro is listed as not compatible (At least at this time). That's the only thing holding me back from ordering at this time, as I've got an investment in the RC Pro and would want to make sure it works with the Mini 3P so I'm not dealing with multiple controllers.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I truly love my M2P which I bought as soon as the Smart Controller was available.
Not having as much time as I always wanted, this combo really serves me well up to today. But the rules in Europe are getting tighter (as everywhere else) and those 1 kg "bombers" are restricted up and down the countries.

As the C-label is also still missing (and likely will never come for older ones), these type of drones will soon be only allowed within 150 m away from people and literally in no man's land even with the respective certificates (I have for personal use).

That said, the Mini 3 Pro is what I was looking for.
If the image quality is on par with the M2P, even with a smaller sensor, I am happy.

And the only thing that really annoys me of the M2P is the noise. Not especially loud but loud enough due to the mass and build.

While abstaining from the Mavic 3 for the above reasons (and a bit for the price side), I got weak in pre-ordering, which I avoid (for DJI's history). But the Mini 3 Pro is a good package for me. Hope even without the 5D button on the RC, exposure will be easy to set.

NEW STATUS: Ready for shipping 10.05.2022 | 15:38:31
dji_mini3pro_2.PNG

@z28lt1 I did, thanks for the correction.
Rather would I. It is pretty obvious that the RC Pro will at some point in the future have support for the Mini 3 Pro, I am sure, but I got a bit wound up with the SC already so I explicitly hoped for a all-in-one package, which is now delivered. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Octisurfer
The options are the

I would choose with screen because it is shipping soon and to reduce the hassle of flying. If I miss the Waypoint functionality, I can always downgrade. Will not likely lose much value for a few months.

@whazzup
What I might suspect, that the RC will be probably only compatible with the Mini 3, while the RC Pro most likely will feature them all, at least the later ones.

Given the cost it is absolutely fine as I still find the RC Pro way too overpriced and will likely end up in 2 years time with another generation of successors as the SC.

The options are the

I would choose with screen because it is shipping soon and to reduce the hassle of flying. If I miss the Waypoint functionality, I can always downgrade. Will not likely lose much value for a few months.

the no screen and no rc versions don't ship (in the US) until August.

@Coskier
In DJI Europe Store, the version without any RC is also on the waiting list, without screen is however still available (but not shipping date displayed).

Ordered with DJI RC. Taking my iPhone out of its case, hooking up the wires and squeezing the phone into the controller were all speed bumps to flying. The included screen means all I have to do is open the drone and fly.

I can envision more time spent flying simply because it's easier.

Cheers

Amazon US has it with the RC-N1 for a 6/29 ship date at $759.

Best Buy US has it with the DJI RC for $909, with the following statement: FREE Shipping: Order now and we'll notify you when it will be ready to ship after a Release Day is announced

B&H has it with the DJI RC for $909, expected availability 6/30
B&H has it with the DJI RC-N1 for $759, expected availability 6/30
B&H has it with no RC for $669, expected availability 6/30

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
Just to confirm with this 249 gram weight.

When the transitional period is over and done with, this drone will still be able to fly in the A1 Cat.?

Even though they won't be C-Class stamped and called legacy

Or am I getting my wires crossed?

Last edited:
You are correct, A1 subcategory for EU member states:

open.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: leebroath
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics