DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MAVIC MINI - recording without mobile phone

sr2z

Reactions
Hello everybody!
When flying without a mobile phone, is there any way the DJI MAVIC MINI shows that it´s recording video? Any visual or audio signals? Let´s say, that I´m flying the drone without my phone and I hit the RECORD button on the left bottom side. Does the light pattern on the drone change somehow?
Thanks

not that i know of .... but then how do you know what you are recording if you dont have the phone connected? shoot aand hope i guess....

• Haha
Reactions: sr2z
I've flown and taken photos with just the controller (no phone or tablet), and that works, but there is zero feedback. If I'm not sure whether the drone is in photo or video mode, I can't be sure whether the first press of the camera button is taking a picture or switching from video to photo mode.

Similarly, if you hit the video button, you can't always tell whether a button press will start or stop video, or just switch from photo to video mode.

How about:
  1. Press photo button to guarantee you're in photo mode (this might take a picture).
  2. Press video button to get into video mode
  3. Press video button again to start recording
  4. Press video button again to stop recording
Really, I'd recommend using a phone.

• Love
Reactions: sr2z
I've flown and taken photos with just the controller (no phone or tablet), and that works, but there is zero feedback. If I'm not sure whether the drone is in photo or video mode, I can't be sure whether the first press of the camera button is taking a picture or switching from video to photo mode.

Similarly, if you hit the video button, you can't always tell whether a button press will start or stop video, or just switch from photo to video mode.

How about:
  1. Press photo button to guarantee you're in photo mode (this might take a picture).
  2. Press video button to get into video mode
  3. Press video button again to start recording
  4. Press video button again to stop recording
Really, I'd recommend using a phone.
Thanks Rich QR! I like using the phone more than only the controller, however, there are times that I cannot use it... Anyway, thanks again!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku