DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Mini

Conrad135

Reactions
Hello all

I am new to the drone world and got my first drone in December (Mavic Mini 1).

I haven't had many opportunities to use it and this flight was about the 4th or 5th time I have used it.

the video below shows the drone 'bouncing' up and down briefly while just flying forward with no up or downwards input on the stick.

I was in S mode, in windless conditions and a strong gps signal.

would anyone be able to enlighten me as to what may be happening?

Kind regards

Conrad

EDIT: I don't think I can attach the video as it may be too large

EDIT 2: please try this link Conrad

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. Mate my understanding is that in S mode the mini doesn’t use GPS. The flight is not as stable as P mode. In S it’s all up to you.
Regards

any ideas as to why it floats up and down slightly ?
Can your Mini reach heading speeds according to spec... 8m/s in P-mode or 13m/s in S-mode?

If not, it can be the, for the Mini, famous "flattened" rear prop blades phenomenon... that will cause height instability. Try to change your props.

Can your Mini reach heading speeds according to spec... 8m/s in P-mode or 13m/s in S-mode?

If not, it can be the, for the Mini, famous "flattened" rear prop blades phenomenon... that will cause height instability. Try to change your props.
I will test this when it is not raining haha
so just in each of those modes press forwards fully and see the horizontal speeds displayed on the phone?

I will test this when it is not raining haha
so just in each of those modes press forwards fully and see the horizontal speeds displayed on the phone?
Yeah ... if speeds according to spec can't be reached or maintained in calm conditions that indicate that your Mini doesn't reach the designated tilt angles ... this due to flattened prop blades in the rear which can't produce enough thrust even though the motors are on max rpm. If the problem with lack of thrust becomes bigger you will see uncommanded descents which you can't stop.

This is very typical for the Mini 1... have been a problem since the release... and all is due to how you have been storing it. Avoid to put any kind of pressure on the blades during storage ... preferably you have it stored free standing unfolded, not folded with crossed rear blades & packed away in the DJI bag.

Reactions: Conrad135
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy