DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro 2 Case / Bag is GREAT for the Mavic Air!!

FiLiNuX

Reactions
I am new to posting here so if this is in the wrong place / forum please let me know and/or move it.

I recently got a VERY good deal on a like new Mavic Pro 2 case from the Fly More Combo on Ebay. The price was so good on the case I had initially planned on using it for my new original Mavic Pro. I had searched for a bit looking for information on the Mavic Pro 2 case fitting the original Mavic Pro but only found a couple things, mostly stating it would fit well. I of course wanted to make sure not only the Mavic would fit, but two additional batteries, controller, charger, etc etc, as well.

I got a Mavic Air and the Mavic Pro on the same day but have only been flying the Air so far. This lead me to searching if anyone had attempted to use the Mavic Pro 2 case for the Mavic Air and everything else listed above. I am sure I am not the best at scouring the net but I am usually able to find even hard to locate information. I found absolutely nothing about using the bag for the Mavic Air.

When the bag arrived I started trying different ways of putting the Air in and was surprised how well it all fit. First thing I like a LOT is it allows me to keep the MA in its own separate case it comes with while fitting perfect in the right side of the bag. The left side of the case has a fold up divider about half way down. You could utilize this and still have everything fit with the charger & cables occupying the bottom & the remote and batteries in the top two sections. I prefer to NOT use the divider as the top of the remote relies on the inch or so of space in the "lid" of the case to fit. The top closes well and zips without any extra effort it just seems like it would make a top impact worse on the remote. The way I pack it still places the charger & AC cables in the bottom but I cut out a extra piece of foam I had laying around to make a divider of my own. This probably is not really needed but I like to have my components separate and padded from any potential scratching/scraping. On top of that the remote fits in perfect sideways leaving more the half of this section to house two extra (3 or 4 would fit easy) batteries and the USB cables DJI provides. There is a small compartment on the outside of the cover flap that is only large enough for paper documents IMHO. In the compartment on the front of the case I keep extra props, RC cables, RC sticks. Packing it in my preferred way keeps everything below the top of the bag when unzipped so the net zipper pocket in the lid can hold memory cards or what not. I do put my tablet holder in the outer stretch pockets at times as well.

I know this is probably a LOT of details and information for what is probably a VERY small demographic of people and use cases but if it helps one other person searching or thinking about it I am happy to do it. I know there are a great number of quality cases and bags for the Mavic Air already that are probably a better option for use & value. That said if someone with a Mavic Air finds one of these Mavic 2 Pro case/bags for a great price or even one they are not using I think it is a great option that provides good protection and convenience. Mavic2ProBag.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC