DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Bike Ride using Active Track

Testing the DJI Mavic Pro's Active Track intelligent mode on an early bike ride. Active Track worked pretty well, however, we didn't go very fast and I do need a better way of strapping the remote to the handle bars.

Try using a GoPro mount. You can use the handle bar mount and then use a sticky GoPro adapter on the back of the controller to attach to the handle bar mount. You can also do the same sticky GoPro adapter along with the chesty mount.

Reactions: heyengel and doccy
Fricken' great. I'm wanting to video a ride down a path at the national seashore in Pensacola Beach. Would Swing4 mind posting a pic of that setup as I'm not familiar with GoPro setups. Thanks

Oh, nevermind. I googled and see what you're talking about. Gonna order those items tonight. Nice idea.

Reactions: Swing4TheRing
(...) I do need a better way of strapping the remote to the handle bars.
Let me know where you strapped remote (or where it's possible as different riders have their handlebars quite crowded with accessories sometimes) and what is your bar diameter, PM photo or anything that helps - I will try to design something for 3D printing. I always wanted to try such shots - you gave me the reason with your beautiful video.

Reactions: heyengel
Well, real things don't appear just from "likes" of posts, so I decided to spend some time with Fusion and here goes Mavic RC clamp, with possibility to invent virtually any bottom mount module - for now it's a GoPro, as it fits camera holder at my good oldie Prophet:
Mavic Pro remote clamp for bike & more by krakow_marcin

Thats very nice. Wish i had a 3d printer to try it!

I am gonna go with trying a go pro handlebar mount and see how that works (or not).

Try using a GoPro mount. You can use the handle bar mount and then use a sticky GoPro adapter on the back of the controller to attach to the handle bar mount. You can also do the same sticky GoPro adapter along with the chesty mount.
Can you post a picture of that? I'm not clear on how you set that up.
Are you using two "feet" so you click into both the remote and the handlebar mount?

I had a go with active track across some fields, I have a bag on the crossbar with spare tube, I strapped the remote to that and it worked out pretty well

Reactions: Basztor
My MTB active track has consisted of laying the remote on the ground and riding around a field in circles while the drone followed me. :)
Yes, I need to figure out a way to attach it to the bike... for these tests I knew the Mavic would just hover if it lost me and I'd have plenty of time to get to the controller.

Reactions: Davidwylie1964
I had a go with active track across some fields, I have a bag on the crossbar with spare tube, I strapped the remote to that and it worked out pretty well

You can make it do much more dynamic moves when you are tracking on your bike mate... my effort.

Well, real things don't appear just from "likes" of posts, so I decided to spend some time with Fusion and here goes Mavic RC clamp, with possibility to invent virtually any bottom mount module - for now it's a GoPro, as it fits camera holder at my good oldie Prophet:
Mavic Pro remote clamp for bike & more by krakow_marcin

Looks like a great solution there. How is it working? I've been traveling and haven't had a chance to measure my bike handlebar. I have a 2014 specialized tarmac sl4 sport if that helps:

Tarmac SL4 Sport | Specialized

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa