DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Camera settings and Adjustments VIDs

Nick Ti

Reactions
I decided to do a group of videos for some adjustements and settings to your liking, hopefully this thread wil help you guys guy find something in settings that you dont know about or where it might be, if i do more ill put them in here for my refference and for you guys.

quick tip: dont forget to remove the clear gimbal bracket behind the camera, its had to miss and if accidentally left in place might burn out your motors

Reactions: dam and Anthony
Mavic Pro Camera Focus test, when i was in the park i was amazed at how well it focused on the trees, when i ordered the mavic and saw some reviews i was sad that the camera quality would be worse than the phantom 4, but im actually really impressing with this little guy!!

Here is how you can adjust your gimbal speed to fast or slow, i would suggest put it to 30-40 if you want that more cinematic look, if you know where all the settings are you can easily adjust it on the spot and change it to slower or faster depending on what you are shooting.

Here is how to sep up one of the button C1 or C2 to be as automatic focus so you dont have to click on the screen all the time, Once you hit the button it focuses on whatever is at the center of the screen, if you want to focus on something else on the screen tap the screen with your finger on that object, this works better for closer up things or what not, or just center the screen on that object and click C1 or C2.... just gotta always FOCUS!!!!

Thanks for the tips. Request: do a video on the different color profiles and video settings.

I have seen some beautiful footage from Mavic, but take this guy's video for example (just one above or below your post in this same forum category):

DJI Mavic Pro, follow me on a hike.

It looks a bit.... grey, or missing contrast, not sure what it is but I wonder what setting should have been used instead to make it look better. I'm worried about making the same mistake.

If you autofocus on something, and then approach something else closer, you would have to click auto focus again, its one of those things that you just gotta do, it may kinda suck something, just gotta remember and think of it as a MANUAL camera that you have to adjust all the time. Maybe this video will help you remember haha...

here is how to upgrade Mavic firmware, there is 2 ways of doing it, one way was giving me an error, but the second way worked, anyone else was having issues with the DJI Assistant 2?

Reactions: dam
Great videos nick keep up the good work and bring more.. really helpful

Hi! i've read a lot of recommendations of using ART instead of D-LOG for the Mavic, what do you think?

Yes Art is preferred alot because then you have better amount of color adjustments in Post that can be made and its just as good as when shooting in log.

Here is a video that demonstrates the various scopes and tools..

Last edited:
Reactions: Pescantini
Yes Art is preferred alot because then you have better amount of color adjustments in Post that can be made and its just as good as when shooting in log.

Here is a video that demonstrates the various scopes and tools..

thanks a lot

on the mavic, i did a test, but the ART seems to "burn" the highlights, is it just my impression?
thanks

Thanks for the tips. Request: do a video on the different color profiles and video settings.

I have seen some beautiful footage from Mavic, but take this guy's video for example (just one above or below your post in this same forum category):

DJI Mavic Pro, follow me on a hike.

It looks a bit.... grey, or missing contrast, not sure what it is but I wonder what setting should have been used instead to make it look better. I'm worried about making the same mistake.

That is my video. There were 2 issues going on. First, ungraded footage, and second (most important), the sensor was bad. It went completely dark (recorded black) after a couple more batteries. I have a new Mavic, and trust me, the difference is immense. These following 2 videos were my own testing from yesterday. Forgive any editing issues (I accept I am still learning that aspect). But the difference is night and day.

Headed out Saturday as well with a friend who is an expert at the editing side, and his video (using my drone) is a better comparison.

If you want to only do basic editing like cut bits out Default None is pretty good but it looks more natural with everything on -1 or even -2 if you can add a bit back where required.
Art is rather nice for more serious grading I'm thinking -2,0,0 on bright days and -1,0,0 on dull days.

D Log seems very hard work compared to flat footage from Art.
with my Phantom 3 on 2015 firmware D Log was about the best and worked nicely with Luts but it's fairly simple to tweak things manually.

White balance on Auto is quite good but will tend to shift about rather strangely at times, consider a Custom setting around 5600 or 5800.

There's no 'correct' or 'best' setting, if like me your currently in a low light northern winter with muted landscape colours the above settings will look fairly natural for a start point.

Reactions: Pescantini
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada