DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Care Reftesh Question ( NewB)

Leonard

Reactions
Hello, I'm new and I just received my new Mavic Pro in the mail. I would like to know if I can buy and add the Mavic Pro to the Care Refresh before I even Activate the Mavic.
The reason I'm asking and want to do it this way is that I've been reading about a lot of people having problems with the DJI web site when they try to register their their activated Mavic Pro to the Care Refresh program and than they keep trying but some have no luck and it goes over the 48 hour period.
Thanks

Yes, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh here.

If your Mavic has been activated for more than 48 hours, then you'll need to make a video to show DJI your Mavic is in working order. See more details about that process here.

OP what state do you live in? Refresh is one option to cover your drone, but there are other/additional options as well for damage, loss and liability.

Yes, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh here.

If your Mavic has been activated for more than 48 hours, then you'll need to make a video to show DJI your Mavic is in working order. See more details about that process here.

So are you saying that I can buy and add the new "inactivated" Mavic to the Care Refresh program

When you purchase DJI Care Refresh here, you'll be prompted to enter your Mavic serial number. Your Mavic can either be brand new (not activated) or activated less than 48 hours ago.

Yep, I bought my care refresh plan before I ever even turned it on, while the battery was charging.

Check out this post. State Farm might not be such a deal after all.

Can of worms being opened.

I think State Farm or other drone loss coverage might be a better deal in many respects. Lose your drone in a tree? Sorry, Refresh wont cover it. Drone decided to become a submarine and AWOL at sea? Sorry, Refresh needs a carcass to Refresh. For most people, not being able to recover a lost drone will cost them $800 to replace and DJI isnt going to help you there if it was OP error. So, add this up.

You lose your drone due to flyaway or it's just nonrecoverable.

DJI Refresh $99 Valid for 1 year only and nonrenewable
Lost drone $999

Total = $1098 and all you have left in your hands is a controller and USB cable.

Ok, so let's say you only need a repair? Broken gimbal, or other OP induced damage. Just send it in to DJI. Wait a few weeks and receive a few ambiguous emails. Then you get a bill for the full damage. But, oh, never mind that, you then get another bill for the Refresh amount. You pay it. Within a few weeks after that you get your drone back all fixed. Wrong, you get a refurbished drone that might have problems of its own and have a 6 or 7 month old manufacturing date on it. Someone else's nightmare just became yours. You can give DJI a call and ask them why they gave you a refurb when your drone was brand new? It's in the fine print, my friend.

A much better, more buyer friendly scenario would be with State Farm.

State Farm $60 per annum with $0 deductible. Renewable annually.
Lost drone $0 out of pocket

If you have existing insurance with State Farm, you can still buy the drone insurance as a standalone instead of adding to your existing homeowners, thus lower deductible being $0. If you have not changed insurance companies, and have no intention of doing so in the next 2 years, filing a claim with State Farm will have zero affect on your other insurance rates. I have had the same insurance company for my car and home for 15 years and have no intention of changing. If you do decide to change, and have made a $400 claim, you are still going to shop around for the best rate, despite your measly $400 claim you will still be able to find insurance because of how competitive the insurance market is.

Here's how a State Farm claim would go:

Oops, my drone crashed and it will cost $400 to fix. Ok just bring it in to any shop that repairs DJI products, and they will give you an estimate in a few days. Email the estimate over to State Farm. 2 days later you will have a check in your hand for the damage amount. No ambiguous emails, no runarounds, no casting blame, no having to deal with a disorganized mess of a company. You go pay the repair shop and you are flying again in a few days in the same drone you gave them. Believe it or not, many Mavic pilots are sentimentally attached to their drones, and getting their own drone back feels like redemption.

What if your drone is lost? Up a tree and you cant find it? Out to sea and never came back? Give State Farm a call and you will have a check in 2 days for the full amount of a new one. Believe it.

So, is DJI Refresh a bad idea? Yes it is, but if you live in California, and cant get other drone damage insurance, you might have no choice. But if you live in an area that has other options available, that would be my recommendation. My first Mavic had Refresh and State Farm. Live and learn.

I'm sure Thunder is correct on this. I didn't know because the mavic was my first dji product, I thought the coverage would be better than it apparently is. I have a bunch of water around me so I've been looking into buying one of those "getter back" floats since you have to produce a body to care refresh.

I'm sure Thunder is correct on this. I didn't know because the mavic was my first dji product, I thought the coverage would be better than it apparently is. I have a bunch of water around me so I've been looking into buying one of those "getter back" floats since you have to produce a body to care refresh.
You might also invest in a Trackimo or other similar device in addition to a floating device. They work great and will give you a general idea of where to start looking if the drone is immobilized, so a State Farm claim could be totally averted to begin with, as long as there's no damage. Ive got a Trackimo and love it.

You might also invest in a Trackimo or other similar device in addition to a floating device. They work great and will give you a general idea of where to start looking if the drone is immobilized, so a State Farm claim could be totally averted to begin with, as long as there's no damage. Ive got a Trackimo and love it.

I assume you have to switch that thing on before you take off?

I assume you have to switch that thing on before you take off?

Yes it has to be switched on, part of my preflight list. It takes an hour or two to charge via USB, then is good for 2 days, so you've got a good 48 hours to locate your drone if it's lost, and the Trackimo stayed with the bird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada