DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro, follow me on a hike.

Deckyon

Reactions
This is my first actual video with the Mavic Pro. I am still getting used to her and to the video and focus. My goal was to have the drone focus on me (Tap to Focus) and then follow me via Active Track. It did all that, and even avoided the trees in the pathway and went around one. I could not be happier. Please pardon any errors in video processing - those are all user error.

Haha, it went right around. the obstacle avoidance picked it up and it adjusted perfectly.

Haha, it went right around. the obstacle avoidance picked it up and it adjusted perfectly.

Good to hear. Sounds like you are enjoying your Mavic so far. Any surprising observations thus far?

question: at one point you stopped and reversed your route, the drone backed up and then seemed to slip to the left - was that deliberate on your part?
it then went from front focus to chase mode again.

question: at one point you stopped and reversed your route, the drone backed up and then seemed to slip to the left - was that deliberate on your part?
it then went from front focus to chase mode again.

That was deliberate. I wanted to see if I could make it turn around. It executed a 3 point turn pretty flawlessly. I want to do try a different mode, but in a different place. I am still getting used to it, and it is my first drone, so I am still wrapping my head around how it is working and the controls.

I want to do a side view, which I believe is done via a different mode, not Active Track. Gonna find a better place to try that out than around a bunch of trees. The same park will do, just have to go to a different area and hope there are no games going on (ton of soccer fields)

Thats the camera angle I am keen on, I saw somewhere that "course lock" is involved but being a complete n00b also would lke to see someone more proficient do it and then copy it - so will be watching with interest!

That coupled with terrain follow would be a lovely shot when climbing a hill.

yeah, there is so much this thing can do, especially if we can start combining modes.

Makes me really hope the SDK is released soon and the 3rd party apps can get up to speed, like Litchi and Autopilot.

Very nice demo ... I don't know it's my stream but the video wasn't very sharp .. maybe just me

it was supposed to be focused on me. much more playing is required.

though, youtube compressed the hell out of the video...

it was supposed to be focused on me. much more playing is required.

though, youtube compressed the hell out of the video...
Yes I thought so about the compression, but very nice demo .. that tree was close though.. so avoidance works well ..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S