DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pro issues since software update.

Parthpanchal

Reactions
So I got my mavic pro back in October when it first came out, it worked great no issues but I only had time to use it about 30 hours or so before I became to busy with work projects.

Fast forward to this week. I take the drone out of its case link it up to my new LG v20 phone install the app, it says use the DJI 4.0 all instead so I go over to the app store and install the newer "Optimized" DJI app. start up the drone, link it up do the firmware update, set the compas, etc.. Then I do a quick once over and see everything checks out. I get the drone up in the air to just above tree hight, 130ft and start taking video head out over the lake(frozen) and at about 450 feet away and 130ft up the drone loses signal, now this is new to me as I've never had the drone lose signal as I've always flown it within line of sight. Instead of coming back to its home point it jets off across the lake in the opposite direction and within a few seconds its across the lake about 4000 feet away. At this point its out of my line of sight and the only way I knew where it was is from the video feed that is still streaming to my device. Yes, full video but no controls. Eventually I found it hovering in the air at 10% battery. After changing out the battery and going through everything twice, verifying the home point is set, I gave it another go. Again, loses signal and wandered off... but this time at around its only 200 feet away and only 50ft up.

I think its good to point out at this time that this is a very secluded area, no power-lines, nothing, its all open forest and lake land.

Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N