DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pro slow speeds under 8mph in normal mode

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm not sure if it's wind or not, but ever since I calibrated my thumb sticks I gotten slower when I'm not in sport mode. Where's my 13 mph?

Sorry but I am inclined to agree with MAvic_South_Oz, get the gimbal fixed first. It may well be that it is affecting the behaviour of the drone, in other DJI drone's the position of the gimbal does affect the behaviour of the drone so it may be that a damaged gimbal does too. Besides you may do further damage to the drone/gimbal.

It may well be that it is affecting the behaviour of the drone, in other DJI drone's the position of the gimbal does affect the behaviour of the drone so it may be that a damaged gimbal does too. Besides you may do further damage to the drone/gimbal.

Absolutely, not so much the behaviour of the drone, but you will most likely damage the gimbal motor flying with it clamped.
I made that mistake many years ago not long after I first got my M1P, flew in great excitement with the clamp on, 2 minutes max but the damage was done.

Nothing but gimbal obstructed messages and a downward facing camera for the rest of the 2 week desert trip.
Lucky me, even though it was my error, DJI sent me another bird on warranty, couldn't believe my luck.

Reactions: MA2 317
Absolutely, not so much the behaviour of the drone, but you will most likely damage the gimbal motor flying with it clamped.
I made that mistake many years ago not long after I first got my M1P, flew in great excitement with the clamp on, 2 minutes max but the damage was done.

Nothing but gimbal obstructed messages and a downward facing camera for the rest of the 2 week desert trip.
Lucky me, even though it was my error, DJI sent me another bird on warranty, couldn't believe my luck.
I think I already messed up the gimbal motor when I was trying to install a new ribbon cable... Smoke is a bad thing, right?

Given your age I will ask, is that question a joke?
As bad as it wanted to be no, The tuturial I was watching to help me install the ribbon cable. Should've chosen some other video. Make a loop here, make a fold there? Where do I fold again?

I thought I did something correct. At the same time I'm no good at arts and crafts,

Thankfully all three motors was still working they just won't stabilize, with that in mind I guess its the ribbon cable at fault,

I never really wanted to do this myself, I wanted for somebody else to do it. But there's no other drone pilots out here in Maryland. I didn't want to send it to somebody and burn more money..

Should I make another thread for this?

I mean it's my first time ever trying to have something to do with a ribbon cable replacement.

I got it off from ebay from a low price. You have to look and be careful though.

Im going to order a new one though and try again. Might start hoarding them and probably give them away to some of you guys who might need them if I get bored of them.

Guys be careful with your gimbal, it's the most fragile part of the drone with the gimbal cable being the most fragile part of the entire thing. Seems like a microscopic rip is enough to total the entire thing. (Do those stealth propellers work as advertised?)

Is there anyone and Maryland who could help me with replacing a ribbon cable?

hey bsauce thx for the screwdriver set.

Oh yeah. The ribbon cable I g

Watching just one video was a mistake. YouTube is riddled with idiots or rough handlers. Look for what broken bits they create and or leave behind. Read the comments ESPECIALLY the negative ones, I have seen some replies rip a video apart.
With regards to smoke, what exactly gave off the smoke? If you are lucky then perhaps it was just the ribbon cable..... BUT......the energy necessary to heat something came from somewhere and it is fairly likely that what ever supplied that energy at that rate was not intended to do so and may have been damaged. I begin to get the feeling you would do better to give this to a repairer. I think one orr more has already been suggested to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803