DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mavic remote antenna cable snapped, unable to find replacement

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
My lirtle brother was learning how to fly i put it on trainer mode for him. He was messing with the sma part of the connector and snapped the cable within. Sma becayse i have a itelite dbs microlink mavic antenna. Dirkcloud would understand.

I am trying to look for pigtail cables. The cables with one end being a very tiny piece that plugs into a port inside the controller to the sma part. its really hard to find...
i searched everywhere .
My brother said hi.

For those of you with the insane amount of concern as to know if i used the search thing i did.

Im interested in making friends on this fourm. But its so hard because pretty much 95% of people here are grown ups with hier own cars. I feel left out...

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Before trying to answer you questions I would like to make a suggestion to you for several reasons. One of the things that will get you more respect in this forum and elsewhere is paying attention to proper grammar, spellling, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure as well as succinctly stating the ideas that you are presenting so there is no doubt in what you're asking or contributing. Your writing is the only thing that represents you on this and other forums. Secondly, this will help reinforce your education and what you have in store in your life going forward. I would like to provide a metaphor for what I'm saying. My father once told me, as I was about to start my first job; Don't dress for the job you have, but dress for the next job you'll want. I think you would benefit from "dressing up" your posts within the forum with the aforementioned things. While you can get away with casual typing, loosey-goosey adolescent grammar, poor punctuation and lazy sentence structure I suggest you use the forum as a training ground for college or whatever the next step in your life will be. Being constantly and always disciplined, particularly in language arts will help you a ton here and in the future. I'm not trying to be the grammar police, but trust me- this will only help you.... Just a piece of big brother advice.

Now getting to your issue... I'm not sure what "SMA" means in this context or what you are planning with some sort of "pitgail" connection, but one thing that I do know. If one cable is still plugged into a controller, the second port from the controller will be disabled.

Last edited:
Edit this photo in the likes of paint and post the edited image in a reply.
I am pretty sure I have seen both types of cable on ebay but you need to be very careful that you get the genders correct.
see SMA connector - Wikipedia

Attachments

• edit this in paint etc.jpg
    edit this in paint etc.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: MA2 317
Edit this photo in the likes of paint and post the edited image in a reply.
I am pretty sure I have seen both types of cable on ebay but you need to be very careful that you get the genders correct.
see SMA connector - Wikipedia
the two other cables on the very bottom: i cant do anything with that im using a vr

Have a look for "sma bulkhead to U.FL RF cable", they may be what you need.
BUT WAIT until someone else confirms that and if you are looking to buy them MAKE SURE you get the necessary length and genders for the connectors.
However I fear your droning equipment is accumulating too much damage fir you to repair.
Splitting the controller is not easy.

Have a look for "sma bulkhead to U.FL RF cable", they may be what you need.
BUT WAIT until someone else confirms that and if you are looking to buy them MAKE SURE you get the necessary length and genders for the connectors.
However I fear your droning equipment is accumulating too much damage fir you to repair.
Splitting the controller is not easy.
i already took it apart.

For sure that's what I'd be doing with it, should give you back original capability . . . generally no need for any antenna mods for range with the usual VLOS you should be flying.
I like to go far. I cant go far from my house myself. So i send my drone. It can go to places ill never be able to go by myself.

What do you mean by "far"?
BY LAW it is likely that you are required to be able to see the drone with your own eyes at all times and possibly also to be able to determine its orientation.

DO you understand that point DOC ASMR?

Question for everyone else, the antennae of post #12 are likely handed by virtue of their design but does it matter which board connector the lead runs too? Is one antenna a 2.7GHz? antenna and the other a 5.4GHz? antenna?

This might save you a couple bucks.

You shouldn't have trouble mixing them up because I believe they will only fit in the correct spot.

What do you mean by "far"?
BY LAW it is likely that you are required to be able to see the drone with your own eyes at all times and possibly also to be able to determine its orientation.

DO you understand that point DOC ASMR?

Question for everyone else, the antennae of post #12 are likely handed by virtue of their design but does it matter which board connector the lead runs too? Is one antenna a 2.7GHz? antenna and the other a 5.4GHz? antenna?
People like the guy in hawaii has a youtube channel he did range tests with many drones. So tell me. Why can't i?

People like the guy in hawaii has a youtube channel he did range tests with many drones. So tell me. Why can't i?
Nothing prevents you from doing it but it is likely against the LAW.
It's against the law to steal, or commit murder, or commit arson but people still do it, would you propose to steal etc. just because others do?

You already have one thread in here where you state you were approached by a policeman and that you were terrified by his approach, do you want to give them grounds to quiz you?

You might like to look at A good in depth article about the FAA's proposed $182K.

Maybe I am mistaken but I think you said, in one of your threads, that you had had your eyes opened to the legalities of drone flying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing prevents you from doing it but it is likely against the LAW.
It's against the law to steal, or commit murder, or commit arson but people still do it, would you propose to steal etc. just because others do?

You already have one thread in here where you state you were approached by a policeman and that you were terrified by his approach, do you want to give them grounds to quiz you?

You might like to look at A good in depth article about the FAA's proposed $182K.

Maybe I am mistaken but I think you said, in one of your threads, that you had had your eyes opened to the legalities of drone flying.
DOC ASMR you also showed a picture of your home area at one point. It looked like a busy urban setting. Do you understand the term VLOS? You are flying out of visual line of sight in an urban area over people. I suggest you ground yourself until you fully understand the regulations and safety aspects of drone flying. This comment is for own good and in your best interest. You will not win friends and influence people saying "why can't I". Because it is a regulation and makes sense as well that is why!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike