DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MINI 2 3600mAh

I would be nervous of that battery coming loose at the connection. Interesting project getting a battery with 1350 mAh more crammed in there.

So, in English, it asks you to switch on subtitles, being deaf that is normal for me, so yes I did. They are in an Asiatic language!!!!! Why ask the viewer, via English text, to switch on ? subtitles??
No offense by me not recognising the language but at a guess its Chinese

Reactions: Alky1229
You can use youtube's auto-translate feature in the video settings button and select the language you like the most from its list.
Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 17.12.17.png

Quite nice. I like how the battery fits inside the batt compartment instead of sticking out.
I wonder which cells he used. I'd love to build my own.

You can use youtube's auto-translate feature in the video settings button and sel
Thanks, I guess I did something wrong when I tried that previously...cause it works now, it didn't then lol

Reactions: Korrd
You can use youtube's auto-translate feature in the video settings button and select the language you like the most from its list.
View attachment 122067
FYI: Unfortunately, it only works on the desktop version of YT, not the tablet or mobile version. Many no longer use a desktop as their primary media consumption device.

Last edited:
Wow. So, a few observations:

1. I have years of experience dealing with China sellers, and have been there 3 times at factories.
Just because a video says it is something, most of the times you are lucky if the specs measure
HALF of what is claimed. If the vendor is unknown to you personally, and not one with an
established international reputation for quality like DJI, Rigol, or Siglent, then WHY would anyone
blindly believe it?

2. DJI is not sharing their proprietary schematic on the multiple connection and electronics
to the battery pack. A third-party vendor making their own pack is not going to understand
the safety circuits and circuit feedback that goes through all those pins on the battery.
In fact, with radio equipment 3rd-party battery packs I have seen, the engineers simply find
+ and - and give up on all the other pins. This means a lot of third party packs lack the
safety monitoring and control data between the battery pack and the device it is in.
Which leads us to #3 below...

3. In my experience, a huge percentage of battery packs and cells coming out of China are
counterfit. What does this mean? Improper quality control, chemistry, design expertise, and
impure materials that can lead to fires. In fact there have been so many residential fires and
injuries in the USA due to Lithium battery packs, that the consumer protection agency is now
discussing ebay listing removals, etc. But let me ask; Do you like your house/home?
Google Lithium Battery fires and you decide.
[Why would I know this? Because I build battery packs with BMS management and safety control
circuits. I have tested many cells, packs, and modules coming from China. I have the lab equipment
to do so.]

So we have a situation here where an person or company unknown to me, with unknown engineering
expertise and reputation, claims a higher capacity, and longer flight time, for a pack they built without
cooperation and circuit/safety knowledge from DJI, and I should blindly believe it really works better
and is really safe to have around my home? Um, er, ah, count me out.
Let's first see some local major retailers willing to trust and carry the product, with a warranty and return policy.
Not likely.

Neal

Wow. So, a few observations:

1. I have years of experience dealing with China sellers, and have been there 3 times at factories.
Just because a video says it is something, most of the times you are lucky if the specs measure
HALF of what is claimed. If the vendor is unknown to you personally, and not one with an
established international reputation for quality like DJI, Rigol, or Siglent, then WHY would anyone
blindly believe it?

2. DJI is not sharing their proprietary schematic on the multiple connection and electronics
to the battery pack. A third-party vendor making their own pack is not going to understand
the safety circuits and circuit feedback that goes through all those pins on the battery.
In fact, with radio equipment 3rd-party battery packs I have seen, the engineers simply find
+ and - and give up on all the other pins. This means a lot of third party packs lack the
safety monitoring and control data between the battery pack and the device it is in.
Which leads us to #3 below...

3. In my experience, a huge percentage of battery packs and cells coming out of China are
counterfit. What does this mean? Improper quality control, chemistry, design expertise, and
impure materials that can lead to fires. In fact there have been so many residential fires and
injuries in the USA due to Lithium battery packs, that the consumer protection agency is now
discussing ebay listing removals, etc. But let me ask; Do you like your house/home?
Google Lithium Battery fires and you decide.
[Why would I know this? Because I build battery packs with BMS management and safety control
circuits. I have tested many cells, packs, and modules coming from China. I have the lab equipment
to do so.]

So we have a situation here where an person or company unknown to me, with unknown engineering
expertise and reputation, claims a higher capacity, and longer flight time, for a pack they built without
cooperation and circuit/safety knowledge from DJI, and I should blindly believe it really works better
and is really safe to have around my home? Um, er, ah, count me out.
Let's first see some local major retailers willing to trust and carry the product, with a warranty and return policy.
Not likely.

Neal
Then since you have the know how and stuff to do this help us mini 2 guys out. And produce a battery using the lihv cells with a high mah. That way we can get more flight time out of our minis. I even have heard story’s of people using a battery mod clip with an extra outside battery along with factory as well. If you have any input or ideas please share. I would try anything to get another 10 mins or better out of it

I´m seriously impressed, only 32g heavier than the original battery, still fitting the battery bay! I watched the video very carefully, the data looks legit. If available for a reasonable price, I´d buy one.

Reactions: Venomvip

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54