DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 and Mavic 2 Map Interface or Not Available?

NewbieNewbie

Reactions
Hi to all the experienced Members

I was hoping to ask a question from you (before I decide between the FIMI X SE and the DJI Mini 2 or Mavic 2 zoom).

I noted on a youtube video that FIMI has a Search and Rescue Mode which allows 3 x zoom plus the ability to switch on a map screen that looks like a GPS with the name of the road and a triangle denoting the drone (almost like a car on a standard GPS used in side one's car). This is extremely convenient to know if one is approaching a road and the name of the road).

Does anyone know if DJI Mavic 2 zoom or MINi 2 also has such a facility? Or is this unique to FIMI?

Finally does anyone know of a youtube video that zooms in to the land/grounf from an altitude of 120 metres so that i can see if 3x zoom is enough or if the DJI's 4 x zoom makes a big difference? I am going to buy either one of these. Therefore need to decide.

Thank you again to everyone for all your advice and help (Below is a picture of what I meant)

best wishes

Attachments

• Dr 1.jpg
    Dr 1.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Dr 2.jpg
    Dr 2.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 16
DJI Go and DJI Fly do have a map view that shows home point position and AC position. The details on the map depend on internet, though you can cache it. How permanent the cache is depends on app and if iOS or Android.

Last edited:
Hi to all the experienced Members

<SNIP>

Thank you again to everyone for all your advice and help (Below is a picture of what I meant)

best wishes
The Fimi SAR mode is all digital zoom so that is of note, where as the DJI has 2X Optical and then 2X Digital. DJI also can use Zoom 2X optical in all modes vice Fimi. 4X Zoom is only available in 1080 30FPS and below. Here is the map overlay on DJI. So if you want a copy clone drone that may have your features and are shopping for a budget Drone then FIMI might fit the bill if money is about the only thing your basing on.

If however you want a excellent Drone with a full feature set from a company that stands behind it's products with a warranty the DJI is the no brainer. I can't link you to a video I made showing zoom capabilities as your way to high for any flight that I would take and also illegal to me. But I do love my 4X Zoom :) You'll see that FIMI has a stepped zoom where as DJI is a smooth zoom and on the remote, not just the App like Fimi. This is a 2X zoom.

BTW that yellow overcast is a warning zone, as I am near a Airport.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Controller.jpg
    Screenshot_Controller.jpg
    820.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje