DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 2 back arm does not close

alessiofio

Reactions
After falling from hands, the back right arm does not close anymore, but the drone keeps flying as new. Why doesn't it close?

elc2ZV.png
obYfXd.png
gFZK1V.png

Did you happen to notice what appears to be two cracks beside my red markings and the odd thing beside my blue mark in the attached? Are they cracks? If so is it not likely that they represent damage and permit things to be out of alignment.
If the red two are cracks I would say your MM is in dire need of repair.

Attachments

• Cracked mini.png
    Cracked mini.png
    222.3 KB · Views: 40
Did you happen to notice what appears to be two cracks beside my red markings and the odd thing beside my blue mark in the attached? Are they cracks? If so is it not likely that they represent damage and permit things to be out of alignment.
If the red two are cracks I would say your MM is in dire need of repair.
Yes, they are cracks. What I would like to know before opening it is what might be the problem, that crack does not allow the arm to close? What might be stuck?

I can't really help there, something has moved but I do not know what.
It looks like the arm rotates on a pre assembled pivot and, assuming the arm itself is not broken, then you may need to replace that pivot Rear Arm Shaft Replacement for DJI Mavic Mini Back Arm Shaft Repair Spare P Q4I2 | eBay
Maybe the cracked shell has allowed the pivot to move with respect to a stop.

What ever the pivot problem is I think you need to replace at least the lower body shell and during the course of that you can investigate the cause of the arm not closing, if nothing else by comparing the good arm etc. to the damaged one.
This might be of some use

There are also some dismantling videos on Youtube but be warned some of the dismantlers look hamfisted, maybe they were not reusing shell parts but ......

Reactions: alessiofio
Wow. I think the whole frame will need to be replaced.

if you have refresh then send it in for repair ,as the airframe is not safe anymore, as it is compromised by the damage

Looks like that arm could break right off at any time. The cracks go almost all the way around.

Then there's the consideration of what's broken or bent inside in relation to the arm.

Looks like when it fell, the arm hit the floor first.

Maybe the arm stop inside broke off and is stuck in somehow not allowing the arm to rotate. IF you can get instructions on removing the arm... there is a product called JB Weld. Two tubes, to squeeze out equal parts, mix really thoroughly together and use something like a tooth pic to force said JB W in crack and clamp with closed and sit overnight. You can do the same internally with broken pieces. You can use small files or quicker a Dremel Tool to take off overflow. Have used this to repair cracked head on WR-450 Husky Enduro bike and rode the next section the following day. Still running when I traded. Your damage is sure to be something broken inside because of the crack shape. The crack itself is telling you where it received the greatest torque. Right at the point on the edge.
Good luck and don't force things.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters