DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 - crash and water damage

HomeBod

Reactions
Well, it happened. My Mini 2 was hovering at about three feet, connected with a wall, and it fell into shallow water.
The battery is kaput I think. And the unit says there is a Navigation error.
I wiped down the outside, and tried airing it for a day, but get the same error.
I have the care plan, and I'm getting ready to send it back. I haven't gone through the process yet, so forgive me if these questions are answered when I log the service request.
Should I replace the damaged blades, or leave everything as it is?
Should I send the non-responsive battery inside the unit, or leave it out?
I'm assuming I shouldn't include the blade guard that I got with the Fly More Combo?
And how should I package the drone? Should I send it in the actual box it came in from the shop?

thanks

Well, it happened. My Mini 2 was hovering at about three feet, connected with a wall, and it fell into shallow water.
I wiped down the outside, and tried airing it for a day, but get the same error.
I have the care plan, and I'm getting ready to send it back. I haven't gone through the process yet, so forgive me if these questions are answered when I log the service request.
I'm assuming I shouldn't include the blade guard that I got with the Fly More Combo?
And how should I package the drone? Should I send it in the actual box it came in from the shop?

thanks
You just want to send the drone , you can use the original box .
If it was salt water you may want to rinse your drone , let it dry for 2 days.

There only going to replace the drone so you dont need to send anything else.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Last edited:

thanks
DJI doesn't want anything but the drone. Keep your blades, SD card, etc or you may not see them again.

Sorry, this happend. Only send the drone! Other items sent may get lost during repair.

Thanks for replies. I think I got lucky. I left it to dry for a day, and it seems to be okay now :)

Thanks for replies. I think I got lucky. I left it to dry for a day, and it seems to be okay now :)

Saw your other post too just now . . .

Send it back, as soon as they see it was wet inside, they'll just Care Refresh it, they don't repair immersed drones for good reason.

If the blades are damaged, I'd leave them on, maybe they'll send some new ones, maybe they won't, but worth a shot.
The battery, don't think they want it sent, even if it fried and is more or less discharged / finished.
Lipos are very dangerous cargo / freight to be sending unless a dedicated service is used.

Definitely removed the micro SD and any other accessories.

Saw your other post too just now . . .

Send it back, as soon as they see it was wet inside, they'll just Care Refresh it, they don't repair immersed drones for good reason.

If the blades are damaged, I'd leave them on, maybe they'll send some new ones, maybe they won't, but worth a shot.
The battery, don't think they want it sent, even if it fried and is more or less discharged / finished.
Lipos are very dangerous cargo / freight to be sending unless a dedicated service is used.

Definitely removed the micro SD and any other accessories.
I have tried flying it, and it seems okay. I think I will keep going with it for now. If there's anything unusual, then I will send it back. This way, I haven't used up one of the replacement events, in case there is a proper crash at a later date.

I have tried flying it, and it seems okay. I think I will keep going with it for now. If there's anything unusual, then I will send it back. This way, I haven't used up one of the replacement events, in case there is a proper crash at a later date.
So when the possible corrosion on the circuit board eventually have reached so far that it shorts the electronics & leaves your Mini 2 like dead meat mid air either free falling into the sea to never be seen again ... or falls onto somebody or someones property causing severe damage ...

... wouldn't you regret the decision not sending it in for a replacement?

So when the possible corrosion on the circuit board eventually have reached so far that it shorts the electronics & leaves your Mini 2 like dead meat mid air either free falling into the sea to never be seen again ... or falls onto somebody or someones property causing severe damage ...

... wouldn't you regret the decision not sending it in for a replacement?
If that happens, can't I send for replacement then? And I don't fly over people or people's property, as a rule.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica