DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mini 2 newbie in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Jogi

Reactions
Hello Everyone,

A lot of searching online led to this forum. And I'm very happy to see the interest here. I just picked up a Mini 2 and have to learn the ropes. A bit bogged down by all the rules. What are good places to fly in and around Mississauga? The parks don't allow. I read, on this forum, about the Petro Canada Cricket Ground, off Southdown Rd S. Google maps list it as Petro Canada park - I wonder if the park regulations apply here?

The Mississauga Model Flying Club (MMFC) is in Totoredeca Park - surely flying there is legally allowed? Or is it only for members of MMFC?

Are there any good places around Mississauga that you all have been using? What about Jack Darling Memorial Park and other places along the Lakeshore?

Would love to connect with Mississauga pilots once we are done with the lockdown. Till then, will soak up the information here. But itching to fly this thing!

Happy New Year to everyone here.

Best,
Joginder

Hi Jogi Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Mini 2 manual HERE
You want an SD card that is U3 for 4K
Most of all have FUN

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Jogi.

Nice to meet you Joginder. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello Everyone,

A lot of searching online led to this forum. And I'm very happy to see the interest here. I just picked up a Mini 2 and have to learn the ropes. A bit bogged down by all the rules. What are good places to fly in and around Mississauga? The parks don't allow. I read, on this forum, about the Petro Canada Cricket Ground, off Southdown Rd S. Google maps list it as Petro Canada park - I wonder if the park regulations apply here?

The Mississauga Model Flying Club (MMFC) is in Totoredeca Park - surely flying there is legally allowed? Or is it only for members of MMFC?

Are there any good places around Mississauga that you all have been using? What about Jack Darling Memorial Park and other places along the Lakeshore?

Would love to connect with Mississauga pilots once we are done with the lockdown. Till then, will soak up the information here. But itching to fly this thing!

Happy New Year to everyone here.

Best,
Joginder
Hello, I lived in Mississauga for 17 years. Drone didn’t exist then, having the airport near by I can’t think of anywhere to fly unless you drive away from the city exchange it for a kite. Sorry and good luck

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest