DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 - purple tint in video even in manual mode, manual white balance

MavicPeter

Reactions
I recently purchased a DJI Mini 2 but am noticing that the video sometimes has a purple tint.
The purple tint happens despite using manual mode (setting a fixed shutter speed, fixed ISO and most importantly a fixed white balance) and with or without an ND filter.
The purple tint appears to happen when the sun hits a certain angle in the camera.

Here's a sample video: (Shot in 4K 24fps with an ND16 filter, 1/50 SS, ISO 100, WB 5700K but as mentioned this happened even without an ND filter)

There are two clips demonstrating that issue:
1. First purple tint starts at 0:02 and is gone by 0:04.
2. Second purple tint starts at 0:08 and is gone by 0:14.
Both happened when the sun was at roughly the same angle into the camera.

Is something wrong with the camera? Or is there a setting I've missed that can prevent this from happening?
(I also have a Mavic Air 2 and have not noticed this)

Thanks for any advice!

I recently purchased a DJI Mini 2 but am noticing that the video sometimes has a purple tint.
The purple tint happens despite using manual mode (setting a fixed shutter speed, fixed ISO and most importantly a fixed white balance) and with or without an ND filter.
The purple tint appears to happen when the sun hits a certain angle in the camera.

Here's a sample video: (Shot in 4K 24fps with an ND16 filter, 1/50 SS, ISO 100, WB 5700K but as mentioned this happened even without an ND filter)

There are two clips demonstrating that issue:
1. First purple tint starts at 0:02 and is gone by 0:04.
2. Second purple tint starts at 0:08 and is gone by 0:14.
Both happened when the sun was at roughly the same angle into the camera.

Is something wrong with the camera? Or is there a setting I've missed that can prevent this from happening?
(I also have a Mavic Air 2 and have not noticed this)

Thanks for any advice!
This is a lens flare or “ghosting.” It’s caused when the light from the sun reflects off the internals of the lens. A sun hood would help or angle the drone to the sun so it doesn’t occur. Not much else to do about it

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicPeter
Also found a related post here about sun flare producing a purple tint for the DJI Mini 2: (Just in case anyone else is wondering)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S