DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Reactions
Hello All,

I was just wondering who all has the DJI Mini 2 shoulder bag and what you put it to use with. Not the mini bag or mini bag+ but the shoulder bag that looks like the MA2 bag and has a little dividing wall in the main section and then like 3 hidden pockets. Pics for Reference. I keep my Mini 2 w/prop holder and gimbal protector, RC, Battery Hub and Batteries in the main compartment even though they don't really seem to fit perfectly no matter the angles I use for the controller. Then I keep my maintenance stuff (props, screws, screw driver) in the front pocket that doesn't have a zipper, then in the top pocket I have my LED screen/LEGO mount with my black gimbal hood for help keeping the light at bay and two little flashing lights that help keep the drone visible on into dusk. Finally for the back zippered pocket I keep my RC charging cables and pens/pen-like items such as my PGYTech camera brush, the markers (well mark-ER, one was completely dried out on delivery....) for the LED screen, and a pen light. I plan to get some ND filters soon (any input on brands would be appreciated), and I'm kind of having a hard time believing I'll be able to

139563173_1366510927024343_4979703150594426272_n.jpg139294782_454293822414912_2496205999384226379_n.jpg139567136_207302274440749_2039163778463926643_n.jpg139162855_117030570277303_3827931633633178817_n.jpg139307593_158632425781615_5722250356419715881_n.jpg
Keep everything I already have AND them in this tiny bag in an orderly fashion. I'm also just curious what everyone else has come up with for organization of their own bags.

I can fit the entire Fly More kit in mine but I usually bring the batteries and leave the charger at home. Add a set of ND filters, lens cleaning cloth and an SD Card reader and you have everything you need.

Hi ThugMuffin. The Moment rugged landing pad (folded, of course) fits neatly into the slim pocket compartment. We think it's the best landing pad on the market - and, despite being in the UK, we got one. As you're in the US, it's something you might want to consider, unless you can always takeoff and land from concrete or paving.

Tiffen and Freewell are possibly the two best ND filter companies. PolarPro don't do any for the Mini 2 so far as I know; we use theirs for our P4P+

Reactions: ThugMuffin1990
I’m truly NOT going to use mine. Purchased a hard case from B & H. We need to protect our equipment

It’s a perfect bag, spare props and cables in lid pocket, iPhone (spare one dedicated to drone) in inside side pocket, drone with no prop guard in end pocket, bty + charger box in its slot, controller in too with joysticks attached, endways on so joysticks are free from touch, keep the bag either upright or on its end (drone at lowest point)
All good!

Hi ThugMuffin. The Moment rugged landing pad (folded, of course) fits neatly into the slim pocket compartment. We think it's the best landing pad on the market - and, despite being in the UK, we got one. As you're in the US, it's something you might want to consider, unless you can always takeoff and land from concrete or paving.

Tiffen and Freewell are possibly the two best ND filter companies. PolarPro don't do any for the Mini 2 so far as I know; we use theirs for our P4P+
I’m going to look into the moment landing pad. I have PGYTech’s foldable landing pad for my MA2, but it’s a little big for the mini/2 carrying cases. I’m getting the PGYTech landing gear in later today. Gotta get this thing up off the ground. Haha.

I’m going to look into the moment landing pad. I have PGYTech’s foldable landing pad for my MA2, but it’s a little big for the mini/2 carrying cases. I’m getting the PGYTech landing gear in later today. Gotta get this thing up off the ground. Haha.
ThugMuffin1990: You won't regret it. Excellent quality and size, and fits in the DJI Mini 2 bag really well. I should have shares in the company for all of my recommendations. Several forum members now have one after we got ours sent over The Pond.

Thanks for the advice. I have the polar pro variable ND set for my MA2 and love them. Hopefully they’ll come out with something for the mini series, but I don’t know enough about the situation as to make any guesses if they care to or not. I’ve seen a lot of good things about Tiffen. Do either of these have variable filters or just the sets several filters? Also do you have any thoughts on variable to single stop filters? I’ve seen some folks talk about vignetting with the polar pro, but I haven’t experienced that and assume the people who have got faulty products because the first set I ordered, as you rotated the disk clockwise l, on the very last stop it actually got lighter rather than darker, and it needed to be replaced. Second set works perfectly though.

Why don't you just use your handpalm to launch and land?

Reactions: SkittleBob
Thanks for the advice. I have the polar pro variable ND set for my MA2 and love them. Hopefully they’ll come out with something for the mini series, but I don’t know enough about the situation as to make any guesses if they care to or not. I’ve seen a lot of good things about Tiffen. Do either of these have variable filters or just the sets several filters? Also do you have any thoughts on variable to single stop filters? I’ve seen some folks talk about vignetting with the polar pro, but I haven’t experienced that and assume the people who have got faulty products because the first set I ordered, as you rotated the disk clockwise l, on the very last stop it actually got lighter rather than darker, and it needed to be replaced. Second set works perfectly though.
We use the PolarPro ND/PL filter set for our P4P+. As far as I know, the company haven't produced anything for the Mini 1 or 2. Tiffen are a well-established company (80 years?) known to produce good quality filters for camera lenses. Their Mini 2 filters are a 6-pack - three NDs and 3 ND/PLs. My guess is that they'll be at least slightly better than the Freewell ones which seemingly are the widest used so far for the Mini series (helped by clever marketing). My logistics colleague is currently talking to Tiffen, but we've not yet used ND filters on the Mini 2 as we're still doing exhaustive tests as to getting the best out of the camera.

We've had no problem whatsoever with vignetting with the PolarPros. And, contrary to what many people say, I really like the combined ND/PL. But we don't go randomly flying all over the place, constantly changing direction. Each of our filming sequences is pre-planned and then executed.

Reactions: ThugMuffin1990
  • SpyderCheckr24
  • Powerbank Anker 10000 PD or Baseus 20000mAh powerbank
  • Loads of strobon cree standalone and non-cree
  • Y-micro usb cable for strobon
  • Type C cable
  • Wall charger
  • Spare operator registration stickers
  • Spare props
  • polarizer filter
  • Battery extractor
  • 4 batteries 3 in the hub 1 in the drone
  • 3M thin dual lock strip uncut.

Hello All,

I was just wondering who all has the DJI Mini 2 shoulder bag and what you put it to use with. Not the mini bag or mini bag+ but the shoulder bag that looks like the MA2 bag and has a little dividing wall in the main section and then like 3 hidden pockets. Pics for Reference. I keep my Mini 2 w/prop holder and gimbal protector, RC, Battery Hub and Batteries in the main compartment even though they don't really seem to fit perfectly no matter the angles I use for the controller. Then I keep my maintenance stuff (props, screws, screw driver) in the front pocket that doesn't have a zipper, then in the top pocket I have my LED screen/LEGO mount with my black gimbal hood for help keeping the light at bay and two little flashing lights that help keep the drone visible on into dusk. Finally for the back zippered pocket I keep my RC charging cables and pens/pen-like items such as my PGYTech camera brush, the markers (well mark-ER, one was completely dried out on delivery....) for the LED screen, and a pen light. I plan to get some ND filters soon (any input on brands would be appreciated), and I'm kind of having a hard time believing I'll be able to

View attachment 121792View attachment 121794View attachment 121796View attachment 121793View attachment 121795
Keep everything I already have AND them in this tiny bag in an orderly fashion. I'm also just curious what everyone else has come up with for organization of their own bags.
I can fit pretty much everything the fly more kit came with (much like you have it) plus a filter case with no problem. I also keep some paperwork in the side pocket. Just recently go this to take on motorcycle/plane trips, also fits what I mention (63716724361__FC6F8F9B-90B6-458D-82E8-9D5D5193BAB1.jpegLykus Titan MM200).

Reactions: Chris Rees
i got a pretty decent backpack from a local camera store in it i keep:

Mini 2 fly more combo
5D mk ii
85mm 1.8
50mm 1.8
camera batteries
led light unit
spare memory cards
spare AA batts
10k power bank

and the phone i use to fly my mini 2 oh and a rain cover for my backpack

Attachments

• IMG_6476.JPG
    IMG_6476.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
I put all my DJI Mini 2 equipment in a LowePro SLR camera bag, it all fits very snugly with side pockets for USB-C cables and SD cards.....

Attachments

• 20210318_134140.jpg
    20210318_134140.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
I don't think I've ever used the shoulder bag for either of my drones. But were I to need to soft-pack my Mini 2 I would use the bag from the M2 flymore. While only slightly larger in external dimensions it is much more comfortable in terms of spacing and what I can put in.

If I were to use a shoulder bag it would be for a day trip where any flight would be spontaneous so I'd want to have minimal amount of gear which would include drone, controller, batteries, extra connection cable and maybe a set of spare props and ND filters (if I had them). Otherwise, if planned, I'd probably go with my hard case.

I have two of those soft cases and I never use them. My feeling are that equipment such as drones only belong in the protection of a hard case. It’s bad enough that we crash them and fly them in inclement weather.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000