DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 use with iPad Mini? I get message...

MiniNubi

Reactions
I would like to use a larger tablet than my iPhone SE 2020 with my Mavic Mini 2, which works fine, but provides a smaller image than I would like. When I use my iPad Mini 5th generation, I get a message: "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." And it seems that the image is sometimes pixelated, or blurry, or lags a bit. Does anybody know what that message means, and if there is a iPad Mini that would work flawlessly. The next generation would be the recently released 6th generation, which has a faster CPU, as I understand it, but I hate to buy it and find out it won't be any better. My iPhone, which is 2020, works fine, but image is a little small.

Or is there any way to improve utility of the 5th generation? It is a Wifi only, and used out of range of any wifi.

Something to check may be to be sure nothing else is running in the background on the iPad. Airplane mode is always on for the iPads I use. Heat can also be an issue to avoid if possible.
I am currently looking for the mini6 which is a bit hard to get right now, so no info there yet.

I would like to use a larger tablet than my iPhone SE 2020 with my Mavic Mini 2, which works fine, but provides a smaller image than I would like. When I use my iPad Mini 5th generation, I get a message: "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." And it seems that the image is sometimes pixelated, or blurry, or lags a bit. Does anybody know what that message means, and if there is a iPad Mini that would work flawlessly. The next generation would be the recently released 6th generation, which has a faster CPU, as I understand it, but I hate to buy it and find out it won't be any better. My iPhone, which is 2020, works fine, but image is a little small.

Or is there any way to improve utility of the 5th generation? It is a Wifi only, and used out of range of any wifi.
I used to get that message on my full size iPad 4th gen. When I got the iPad mini 5, the problem went away. The iPad mini 5 I use is not the cellular version, only WiFi and has 64 GB of storage.

Reactions: NDWildBill
I have no problems with my iPad mini 5, I used to have all kinds of issues with my old beat up iPhone 7 though.

That is a big problem on the mini 4 but usually not on the 5. As said, disable other apps during flight and you will be fine. Especially any other flight apps like Go 4, litchi, etc. Double tap the home button on your tablet and drag unused apps to the top of page to temp disable them.

That is a big problem on the mini 4 but usually not on the 5. As said, disable other apps during flight and you will be fine. Especially any other flight apps like Go 4, litchi, etc. Double tap the home button on your tablet and drag unused apps to the top of page to temp disable them.
For a full clear of the Mini 5 memory, do the above, then a hard power down, and power back up. Only run Fly! Many people may never restart their iPads for months - this is a situation in which it might help, and certainly won’t hurt.

I too started with an iPhone 6s and iPad Mini 4 on the DJI Mini 2. I am currently using an iPad Mini 5; solved the problems.

I have a iPhone 6 and used it for the first time yesterday after setting it up, and it works like a charm.
Not a problem at all with it on my mini 2 .

I used to get that message on my full size iPad 4th gen. When I got the iPad mini 5, the problem went away. The iPad mini 5 I use is not the cellular version, only WiFi and has 64 GB of storage.
Interesting...I was looking at the Ipad Mini 5Generation as well. My thoughts were to get WiFi + Cellular and 256GB or 64GB. If I'm outside of any WiFI connection say in the back woods or the Desert SW the Cellular towers would certainly be of use, I would think. Any thoughts on Wifi + Cellular ?? versus just WiFi. If flying in
wide open areas far from buildings and highways, the only thing available would be Cell towers. Thats my thinking....Ron

If you’re using this mini just for flying your aircraft, cellular isn’t needed.
Just depends on what you want the mini to do in other uses.

Reactions: Capt KO
Just be sure to preload maps of area you are going to fly, then no need for cell to fly. Non of my devices have cell and I travel to most areas without WiFi service. When WiFi available, open your map view in the app and go to the area you will be flying. Cover the area and map will be stored . You will be notified when maps about to expire. You can type in a location to open maps for that area.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54