Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 with GoPro Hero 9 Black attached

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
After seen the result from the payload test performed 2 days ago with the DJI Mini 2, I decided to test the Mini 2 with my Go Pro Hero 9 under the belly.
Incredible the DJI Mini 2 is able to lift the GoPro without performance problems pulling on average less than 10Amps, however is detecting the payload and switch automatically to Payload Mode, limiting the altitude and distance you can fly to 98FT in altitude and 164FT of distance. Also I had to cover the down sensor in order to install the GoPro and I learned something new.

With the DJI Mini 2, when the sensor is covered, does not maintain the altitude precisely like the MA2, M2P and even the MM1. This drone gain altitude for about 5FT automatically, move back an forward for about 1FT without lock the position when the sensor is cover. Also I found a bug that cause ESC error when full power is use against the strong winds once you land the drone.
I am sure DJI will be correcting this problems in features firmware's. I will like to hear other users if they experienced same errors.

Here are the results. Also remember subscribe to the YouTube channel.

Reactions: eva2000 and Jsaint
This confirms our own tests with the Mini 2 and the Unstable action when the sensors are covered causing the Drone to Raise on it own and thus wanting to land when trying to get it back.

There are a few other issues with the ESC beep that also need to be addressed as its going to make it very difficult to remote land and start up on the water until that is fixed.

I agree the Mini 2 needs a Firmware update to solve these issues for us to have a little more confidence in this drone .

As it stands now we just do not have the confidence to be able to push any of the drones abilities.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain

Reactions: zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC