DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lawlisama

Reactions
I'm curious about the maximum flight altitude of the DJI Mini 3 (Non Pro) in India, but I haven't been able to find any information online. I've heard that the DJI Mini 3 Pro had a recent update that increased its max flight altitude to 500 meters.

However, I'm unsure about the max flight altitude for the DJI Mini 3 (Non Pro). Some sources suggest it could be 15 meters, while others indicate it may be 120 meters or even 500 meters. Can anyone provide me with accurate information on this?

There's been many threads on this in recent 12 months, India does seem to have had confusing rules, draconian rules for tourists, and changes recently.

This page has been posted in the past, and it has been updated just a couple of weeks ago . . .

From my take on this, you can fly genuinely sub 250g drones without any registration or permit requirement, keeping it under 15m / 50'.
You also don't need insurance for sub 250g drones.

Anything else must be registered and insured.
All those requirements, including the further commercial remote pilots certificate, are contained lower down the page.

Since you are in India and a national (?), you are ok to go through whatever registration / licensing etc you want to do.

Foreigners are currently not allowed to fly RPAs in India, they need to hire a local pilot for footage, assuming for commercial type purposes.

I wanted to know what is the max flight altitude set by DJI on their app.
For DJI mini 3 pro on the DJI fly app the max fight altitude is 500 mtrs
How much is it for DJI mini 3 (non pro).

Ignore the laws I only want to know the flight limit set by DJI in India

I wanted to know what is the max flight altitude set by DJI on their app.
For DJI mini 3 pro on the DJI fly app the max fight altitude is 500 mtrs
How much is it for DJI mini 3 (non pro).

Ignore the laws I only want to know the flight limit set by DJI in India

Contact DJI support, or maybe better go to the DJI forum . . .

Ask here, there are DJI people on there and sometimes they are even helpful !! :)