DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro available starting August 2022!

deanbush

Reactions
Many of you who visited dji.com on May 10th may have noticed the small print at the bottom of the page where you reserve an opportunity to purchase the Mini 3 Pro starting August 2022.

Attachments

• DJI Mini 3 available starting August 2022.png
    DJI Mini 3 available starting August 2022.png
    675.8 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Torque
I see that. Wow! If that's true, don't sell off your Mini 2 right now. But if that's true, why would they put so many units out in reviewers hands at this time?

What we know for sure is that a lot of boats are docked, waiting for offloads and those offloads are waiting for trucks to take them to markets. Lots of product shortages these days, not the least is baby formula.

@vindibona1
DJI gives you the possibility to order the drone in 3 different configurations, but they didn't say, all are instantly available.
They clearly have and aim for early adopters to sell the full bundle with the RC and screen. Some units have been produced with the normal controller without screen but it seems without any remote, you have to wait.

From a business point of view, that makes sense to maximise your profits.
Until August I guess we will see the support of the DJI RC Pro and most likely more units have been produced to serve those prospective buyers or those who want to use their Mini 2 controllers.

Don't say I like that, but I can understand, why they triaged it and expect most will still fall for the "little" surcharge to get it with the RC with screen.

Reactions: KLRSKIR and Torque
Of course they are going to promote the most expensive bundle first
otherwise they would just be selling a new drone and not any remotes
we should be pleased that at some point it will be possible to buy just the Drone and use an existing remote to fly it
whatever DJI do ,all people seem to want to do is moan and groan about them ,yet despite all of that they still buy their products (I wonder why)

Right now (in EU) the DJI Mini 3 with the smart controller has an estimated delivery date of 17 June. Not sure if this is due to the volume of orders and we're already 2 days in, or if that's the earliest delivery date for any orders.

I'm thinking I'll probably get one, eventually, but I definitely won't be buying the package with that RC, so I guess I've got at least until August to think about it. That RC adds quite a bit to the price, but it still must be a fairly low-end Android device with a fairly small, dim screen compared to my phone, and I suspect that even if the SDK eventually supports this drone, that controller might not allow loading third-party apps to fill in the infuriating hole where waypoint missions ought to be.

That RC adds quite a bit to the price, but it still must be a fairly low-end Android device with a fairly small, dim screen compared to my phone, a
Certainly, the RC won't compete with the RC Pro, which alone costs as much as the Mini 3 Pro with the RC with screen, so there's a bit of a drawback in performance, usability, etc.

But considering the moderate plus in price, it's a good offer from DJI to be honest. The original Smart Controller (SC), which was bundled with my M2P was the real letdown as it seems, it never was designed to last long (hence the promise of DJI).

The screen is not as bright as the RC Pro, but the same size and resolution.
As for now, with the RC you can only power up DJI Fly, no 3rd party apps and it's likely, that with the external antennae of the RC Pro you have a higher range.

It unfortunately also lacks the 5d, back and close button but still, I find it attractive and a matching device with the Mini 3.

But also for now, the RC Pro is not usable with the Mini 3 Pro (but I guess that will come with August, when the drone alone is available).

Reactions: Torque
for me the biggest plus of the RC pro controller is that it requires no set up time to add a larger than phone size screen device, or any extra type of holder to accommodate it
and for those people who like to travel light, then this is going to be a big selling point
although i am a IOS user at the moment,the fact that it is an android device does not bother me
it is going to work with the pre installed FLY app and provide a decent screen size ,for my old eyes and as is the way with these devices, it wont be long before someone will come up with a hood that fits straight on to the RC ,and helps the screen to be seen in very bright sunlight

I’ve never owned a smart controller, that’s what got my interest the most I think.
me neither i am also looking forwards to having a RC with built in screen ,that negates the need for even more cables and additional products to hold a bigger than phone size device,that needs to be carried, and set up each time you want to fly the first battery of the day

The SC back then was the point that sold me to drones finally.

I've been in modelling a long time and was used to specific RCs.
Surely, today's smartphones are a great thing but it cannot outperform a dedicated controller (for me personally).

That said, the new RC with screen is all a good thing considering the price (still a shame DJI dropped the SC so fast), the RC Pro technically yes but cost ratio not so much.

I am pretty confident, you will have a good time enjoying your flights even more.

Reactions: Rchawks
@anzacjack because i ordered the fly more kit as well as the drone, at the moment my expected delivery date is showing as 10-06-22, i contacted DJI and asked if the drone and fly more would be shipped at the same time and they said that they would
enjoy your new drone and let us know how you get on with it

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Oh dear, all the drones already in the UK but my trip to London will be at the end of May. 😆
Hope I can get it soon enough to take it abroad.

@anzacjack because i ordered the fly more kit as well as the drone, at the moment my expected delivery date is showing as 10-06-22, i contacted DJI and asked if the drone and fly more would be shipped at the same time and they said that they would
enjoy your new drone and let us know how you get on with it
Yea i have a handful on order from D1 store and have to wait for the bundles, but i got this guy on his own by just walking into local camera store.
Will let me do some testing and have something to show at our “open day” this weekend

I got notification that my M3 Pro with DJI RC and fly more combo has been shipped from the Netherlands, expected arrival at my house in Germany is 25th May.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Here in the Uk.
I couldn't find it in-store anywhere within 40 miles of me.
Amazon it's not till the middle of June .
But found it in Currys for delivery .
Ordered it on the 18th at 7 pm and it was here at 9.30 am on the 19th May.
So great service from them.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys