DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro - Carry from USA To India - Rules and Regulations.

manishki

Reactions
Hi,

I'm an Indian citizen and traveling to India Bangalore from USA.
Planning to get a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone for personal use.
Had some questions/clarifications before traveling.

For nano drone (mini 3 Pro), as per indian govt,
is Unique Identification Number (Form D-2) at [digitalsky.dgca.gov.in] needed for "Customs" clearance at Bangalore, India Airport or Can it be done later also?

Any other tips Information will be helpful from people who have most recently traveled to India from USA carrying a drone.

Thanks

While I did not do a drone, I took an aircraft, dismantled, out of Juhu Airport recently. Dealing with the Indian Civil Aviation is perhaps the worst experience I have ever had. They exceeded even Nigeria in the level of corruption and inefficiency (I do this all over the world). I had no better experience with the customs service. Virtually every step of the way requires a NOC letter from somebody else. It also seemed that everything I was supposed to be able to do over the web, didn't work. Even if it worked, the actual physical person you need to meet with to provide reams of stamped documents would not accept the web generated papers. It was not an overall good experience. Will it work for you with a drone? No clue. If it was me, I would just meet up with a local that had one and rent it. I did like getting a cell phone SIM, eight passport photos and a four page form, where I had to certify that I was not Pakistani, my parents where not Pakistani and MY GRANDPARENTS where not Pakistani! I think there is a certain level of mistrust between the two countries. I cannot fathom what level of genealogy one would need to provide for a drone. Good luck.

Reactions: adonisarchie
While I did not do a drone, I took an aircraft, dismantled, out of Juhu Airport recently. Dealing with the Indian Civil Aviation is perhaps the worst experience I have ever had. They exceeded even Nigeria in the level of corruption and inefficiency (I do this all over the world). I had no better experience with the customs service. Virtually every step of the way requires a NOC letter from somebody else. It also seemed that everything I was supposed to be able to do over the web, didn't work. Even if it worked, the actual physical person you need to meet with to provide reams of stamped documents would not accept the web generated papers. It was not an overall good experience. Will it work for you with a drone? No clue. If it was me, I would just meet up with a local that had one and rent it. I did like getting a cell phone SIM, eight passport photos and a four page form, where I had to certify that I was not Pakistani, my parents where not Pakistani and MY GRANDPARENTS where not Pakistani! I think there is a certain level of mistrust between the two countries. I cannot fathom what level of genealogy one would need to provide for a drone. Good luck.
I was planning doing a research project in Bihar (NE India) using a DJI P4 to look for leaks in irrigation channels. Like dog-pilot above I felt that if I passed x number rupees in a brown paper bag under the table I would have started to get help from the Indian Government. Every government official thought I was a spy even though I said I could get the information I needed from high resolution satellites. In the end I surrendered and did my project in New Mexico where everybody, Federal, State and local govt were extremely helpful.
Neville
Queensland
Australia

Hi,

I'm an Indian citizen and traveling to India Bangalore from USA.
Planning to get a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone for personal use.
Had some questions/clarifications before traveling.

For nano drone (mini 3 Pro), as per indian govt,
is Unique Identification Number (Form D-2) at [digitalsky.dgca.gov.in] needed for "Customs" clearance at Bangalore, India Airport or Can it be done later also?

Any other tips Information will be helpful from people who have most recently traveled to India from USA carrying a drone.

Thanks
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

Wishing you good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair