DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit Plus Now!

I am on the fence with this kit. I am just confused on why would anybody buy the lower capacity battery kit? Is it just too stay under 249 grams and obey the law? It seems like it's a no-brainer to pay a little bit more for the extended battery.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
So if you live in the US there's really no reason to go for the lower capacity battery, right?
I ordered the regular FMK right after I ordered the drone, thinking of regulations heading our way, and not being able to get them once that happens. Then 5 days of thinking about it all, I ordered the FMK plus. At least I'll have plenty of batteries, and 2 chargers, plus the extra props, all hard to find now, and maybe for a while.

DJI is not releasing the mini 3 Fly More Kit Plus or just the extra flight time battery on its own in the UK or Europe which is a shame saying that I have found some on sale for pre-order at the present time with the 2 batteries that the price looks about right, seen other kits but you only get the one extra flight time battery & they do look well over priced. Once all stores are re-stocked with the mini 3 fly more kit plus I will be checking they are not at a rip-off price if not I will buy but if I find they are overpriced I will stick with the 34 min flight time battery. I do not like lining the pockets of these people that have bought stock in just to make sone extra cash while these things are hard to come by

Seen some flymore plus kits plus for £300 Total rip off why can't they just design a drone make all batteries compatible worldwide
1 kit is the normal flymore 2nd kit is the flymore plus not rocket science

Reactions: PhilipM
So if you live in the US there's really no reason to go for the lower capacity battery, right?
Maybe I am just too frugal. I bought the regular Flymore kit (w/standard batteries). I usually only fly 2 batteries with my Air2s. The Mini3 standard batteries are rated a few minutes longer than the Air2s batteries. Just figured I didn't need the longer flight times. I then watched a YT video from Idaho Quadcopter, where he did a time-hyper lapse way point mission with the Mini3. The longer battery came in handy for that situation. Guess it just depends on your wants/needs ?

Seen some flymore plus kits plus for £300 Total rip off why can't they just design a drone make all batteries compatible worldwide
I came across this site yesterday they are out of stock as all seem to be but the price looks right at a cost of £239.99 I will keep an eye on this site and hopefully grab one of these kits for myself, fingers crossed

yep DJIs price is already expensive. but the worst are those people that got the kit early, and now sell it for 250 instead of 189, which is already expensive... also saw one battery for 130€....
kind of frustrating to see the shipping dates, I did not preorder, but instead added a xt30 to my battery, so I can at least fastcharge the one lipo on the spot with some spare 4s packs.
I can charge them with about 2c/4-5 amps, which would be about 30 min charge time... not balance charged, but should still be OK:)

for the extended battery... I know battery DIY can be dangerous, but anyway as soon an I get my hands on new lipos, I will mod my current lipo to a 4000 mah pack... just unsolder /cut the strips of the small lipo, while feeding some volts into the main lead... so the BMS won't realize what I'm doing:)

yep DJIs price is already expensive. but the worst are those people that got the kit early, and now sell it for 250 instead of 189, which is already expensive... also saw one battery for 130€....
kind of frustrating to see the shipping dates, I did not preorder, but instead added a xt30 to my battery, so I can at least fastcharge the one lipo on the spot with some spare 4s packs.
I can charge them with about 2c/4-5 amps, which would be about 30 min charge time... not balance charged, but should still be OK:)

for the extended battery... I know battery DIY can be dangerous, but anyway as soon an I get my hands on new lipos, I will mod my current lipo to a 4000 mah pack... just unsolder /cut the strips of the small lipo, while feeding some volts into the main lead... so the BMS won't realize what I'm doing:)
I don't understand any of the above, but seeing the battery having been taken apart, does that mean for someone who knows what they are doing (not me) can swap the innards of the extended and standard battery, so the extended battery has 249g stamped on it and battery with no stamp on it weighs 249g???

I don't understand any of the above, but seeing the battery having been taken apart, does that mean for someone who knows what they are doing (not me) can swap the innards of the extended and standard battery, so the extended battery has 249g stamped on it and battery with no stamp on it weighs 249g???
yes. pretty sure it is just the lipo packs are bigger ones in the plus battery. internally the case should be the same, just less thick of these 4 foam pieces, there is also foam between the 2 lipo cells..

and my mod.. something is not really working how I thought. last time I charged it fast charge, it showed 4 volts in the app, but also 0% flight time , so I could not start... not sure why. because it worked a couple of times..

Last edited:
Mine just arrived, only took near 2 months since ordering :(
Somewhat disgraceful but to be expected from this mob,.

I am just confused on why would anybody buy the lower capacity battery kit? Is it just too stay under 249 grams and obey the law?
That would make a big difference to some people, depending on where they live.

In Canada, the heavier battery would mean the aircraft would require registration, the pilot would require certification, and the places they could fly would be more limited.

Last edited:
Regulatory requirements and how heavily they're enforced. Just have one of the bigger and one of the smaller and operate either depending where you fly.

Reactions: Torque and mavic53
Depends on if you plan to travel somewhere that <249 is a requirement. I do, so I have at least 1 of the smaller batteries for that.

Reactions: Torque
Depends on if you plan to travel somewhere that <249 is a requirement. I do, so I have at least 1 of the smaller batteries for that.
If you have a least one smaller battery (and i think everybody has at least the one that comes with the drone) then it's not really going to matter since no one will be weighing all the available batteries that you carry. Only if you crash with a heavier battery and the drone gets weighed....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica