DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro listed online: 4K/60 fps, 48 MP, 47 minutes of flight time

kesteloo

Reactions
The DJI Mini 3 Pro has appeared prematurely on the website of the Dutch retailer TopRC, including the most important specifications. According to the product page, the Mini 3 Pro will have a 1/1.3-inch CMOS sensor with support for HDR video. Video recordings are possible in 4K resolution at 60 fps. Photos can be taken in 48 MP RAW. APAS 4.0 ensures safe flight operations.

Read more: DJI Mini 3 Pro Listed: 4K/60 Fps, 48 MP, 47m Flight Time

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.00.37 PM.jpg

47min flight time will sell a lot of Mini3's.

Please elaborate as to what is the best feature?
Better low light capabilities compared to sub-1500 dollar DJI products, gimbal/video angle, wind resistance and ability to shoot above the horizon in heavy wind instead of pointing below the horizon. Either of those is better IMO

Reactions: frank candor
Better low light capabilities compared to sub-1500 dollar DJI products, gimbal/video angle, wind resistance and ability to shoot above the horizon in heavy wind instead of pointing below the horizon. Either of those is better IMO
Features and pricing seems to be close to Air 2s.
Perhaps Air2s will be replaced with Air 3 soon!

Just 34 mins while staying under least regulations/restrictions 250 grams.
47 minutes is with optional weight limit breaking bigger battery.

Doubtfull wind resistance will be comparable to bigger drones.
250 gram limit is simply very tight when you've already spend more of weight budget on camera and gimbal + more obstacle detection.

Doubtfull wind resistance will be comparable to bigger drones.
This is something I'm interested in. My Mini 2 tends to bounce around a lot.

What's interesting, though, is that the entire lineup seems to have the same level 5 rating (as opposed to something like the Autel EVO Lite+ at 7). But I'd expect the bigger A2S to manage the wind better. Maybe just less bouncing?

What's interesting, though, is that the entire lineup seems to have the same level 5 rating (as opposed to something like the Autel EVO Lite+ at 7). But I'd expect the bigger A2S to manage the wind better. Maybe just less bouncing?
Air 2S does clearly better against wind than twice the weight Autel EVO II.

So wouldn't trust Autel's marketing claims any more than measured in downhill and tail wind fuel consumption numbers of car makers.

You also should not trust “more weight=better” then should you?
For similar form factor cross section against wind increases slower than mass.
And that mass is big factor affecting how strong motors can be.

Though Autel is possibly clearly behind DJI in motor performance.
Suspect DJI has the muscle to have fully custom designed motors, while Autel might be buying some off the shelf motors.

As you said the new design should provide more natural wind resistance 😁👍
For overall size Mini 3's design is rather fat giving that cross section for wind to hit.

That was pretty interesting. The Autel didn't hold up that well and the A2S did a bang up job. The Mini 2 performed about as I expected. I've been blow sideways pretty good and had to drop altitude to recover.

As long as you realise that the 47 minute optional battery tips it over the 249g scale, which will have consequences in some countries and/or situations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji