DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 3 pro range issues!! Any ideas.

alipod2009

Reactions
Hey guys,

Its only been a few days i brought a dji mini 3 pro. Ever since i start flying whether its in city, in the park or outside of town, i cannot fly more than 180m away without loosing all bars and returning home. It is annoying as i cannot even reach 1000m let alone 3miles. Device and rc controller are up to date, fast sd card is installed but i have ran out of ideas on what to do.

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you

Hey guys,

Its only been a few days i brought a dji mini 3 pro. Ever since i start flying whether its in city, in the park or outside of town, i cannot fly more than 180m away without loosing all bars and returning home. It is annoying as i cannot even reach 1000m let alone 3miles. Device and rc controller are up to date, fast sd card is installed but i have ran out of ideas on what to do.

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you
In the Transmission tab, take it out of 'dual band' and tap 5.8ghz. try your flight again. You won't get 'extended range' (beyond VLOS) but you will get a better, more stable signal. This is particularly useful in urban environments where you'll get a hell of a lot of 2.4ghz wireless interference. The drone is supposed to flip up to 5.8ghz automatically, but this isn't always reliable. More often than not it'll remain at 2.4ghz and you'll get a scrappy connection and truly awful range. Not a problem exclusive to the mini 3: my mavic 2 zoom flew long range and rock solid on 2.4ghz for three years before it started suffering signal drop after a firmware upgrade to **.**.0770, almost always less than 50 metres even in remote rural environments. Drove myself nuts trying to resolve the problem. The only time I managed to get good connection and range after that was by manually setting the frequency to 5.8. before take off.

When things dont work out of the box the way they should most often your going to be returning the Unit.
Always recommend finding a lake with a clear line of sight and zipping out 3000 for a good initial test run from inside your car, this way you will be more aware of any issues with your controller or drone.

Gear to fly the Mini 3 in the Rain.
Phantomrain.org

Hi mate. Thank you so much. Im going to try it and see how it works with the 5.8ghz but i really do hope it fixes the issue. Ill keep you posted and see how it goes.
My pleasure. It isn't a perfect fix, but it works for me. I almost always work a drone keeping maximum range between controller and bird at a little over 1000 feet, so the 5.8ghz frequency is perfect for what I do. The only thing to remember is that 5.8ghz hasn't got the penetration qualities that 2.4ghz does, make sure you have clear line-of-sight and that the controller antenna is pointed directly at the drone.

Reactions: KD2SSP
When things dont work out of the box the way they should most often your going to be returning the Unit.
Always recommend finding a lake with a clear line of sight and zipping out 3000 for a good initial test run from inside your car, this way you will be more aware of any issues with your controller or drone.

Gear to fly the Mini 3 in the Rain.
Phantomrain.org
Wouldn't have thought zipping out 3000 whatevers over a lake, for first testing would be a good idea, if something else was faulty.........

Reactions: Flakey Flier
My pleasure. It isn't a perfect fix, but it works for me. I almost always work a drone keeping maximum range between controller and bird at a little over 1000 feet, so the 5.8ghz frequency is perfect for what I do. The only thing to remember is that 5.8ghz hasn't got the penetration qualities that 2.4ghz does, make sure you have clear line-of-sight and that the controller antenna is pointed directly at the drone.

Thanks a lot mate. I have tried the new frequency and it has improved to 1600m. My friends have told me because i live in city centre it is a decent range i am getting. I will try to find a lank but since i live in uk there isnt much of a lake nearby at all but im gone try it in the country side and see if i can get to 2 to 3 miles i hope.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Thanks a lot mate. I have tried the new frequency and it has improved to 1600m. My friends have told me because i live in city centre it is a decent range i am getting. I will try to find a lank but since i live in uk there isnt much of a lake nearby at all but im gone try it in the country side and see if i can get to 2 to 3 miles i hope.
My pleasure. Glad to hear you're getting a more stable control signal. Enjoy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser