DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro Video is extremely lagging

Kirika

Reactions
Hello drone pilots,

today I tried my first flight with the drone but the videos on the sd cards are extremely lagging. It starts lagging when the car is appearing in the video (after 27 seconds of the video).
My initial thoughts were the SD Card, but I read on some forum posts, that a slow sd card does not result in a laggy video.

I have used a san disk ultra from my phantom3.

The video lags on every device. I also tried to transfer the files via quick transfer.

Here is one example clip: DJI_0093.MP4

Thank you in advance.

My initial thoughts were the SD Card, but I read on some forum posts, that a slow sd card does not result in a laggy video.
It can if the card unexpectedly slows down, had exactly that a few days ago. Testing the card (sandisk extreme pro UHS-1 U3) with a full format showed it occasionally dropped to <10MB/s writes when it's supposed to do 70-80 all day long and another identical one does, so it's clearly worn out.

Hello thank you I will try to buy a new sd card.

Because you have asked my settings are:

resolution: 4k 30fps
codex: H.265
format: .mp4

I will let you know in a few days. Thanks :)

It may be h265 hardware playback decoding is not supported on your device causing the issue. Convert h265 to h264 with handbrake and play it back again, if it plays fine then you should avoid using h265 and only use h264 from now on :)
If you dont know how to do this, change setting to h264 on your drone and record a video, then play back and check :)

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Hello drone pilots,

today I tried my first flight with the drone but the videos on the sd cards are extremely lagging. It starts lagging when the car is appearing in the video (after 27 seconds of the video).

I have used a san disk ultra from my phantom3.

The video lags on every device. I also tried to transfer the files via quick transfer.

Here is one example clip: DJI_0093.MP4

Thank you in advance.

Hi, Did you solve you problem?

I have the exact same issue with my mini 3 pro. I ordered a new sd card (samsung pro plus as recommended by DJI) but I'm not sure this will stop the lagging. Will do some testing in the next few days.

Hi. Thank you for the previous answers.

My new sd card was delivered and tested. It's a Samsung Pro Plus. This card is listed in the DJI manual. Very great improvement but not the perfection. "Lagging" still occurs. I tested with H.264, H.265, with MOV, MPEG4, Normal and D Cine modes. All tests at 4k. My tests were seen on a Pro Art monitor using a powerful pc dedicated to the latest version of Davinci Resolve. Best results:

1: H.264, MPEG4, D-Cine Mode. Best recording results flying straight ahead but also with (slow) movements (left-right while flying) Straight ahead: 9.5/10, Movements: 8/10

2: H.264, MPEG4, Normal Mode. Straight ahead: 9/10, Movements: 8/10

3: H.264, MOV, Normal Mode. Straight ahead: 9/10, Movements: 7/10

The worst: H.265, Move, D-Cine Mode. Straight ahead: 6/10, Movements: 4/10

Note: big suprise my number 1 is a test with the D-Cinelike mode, wich mode swallows a large amount a data.
These tests are suggestive only, not professional ones. But all they have the same high volume data with buildings, cars, pedestrians, trees, a lot of clouds, etc.

All in all, all tests suffers from "lagging" or "frames dropping". It's a disappointment to me. Maybe I should adopt and stick to 1080p, (not been tested yet but at this resolution...)

Berny

All in all, all tests suffers from "lagging" or "frames dropping". It's a disappointment to me. Maybe I should adopt and stick to 1080p, (not been tested yet but at this resolution...)

Berny

Something is definitely wrong - it should work with that card. I don't experience any of those problems with mine.

Contact DJI.

Ouppss, I see that my complete links have been converted to some kind of Sign-in. So if you encounters problems, I will try to post the links in another way. Sorry.

It's ok for the mpeg4 file at 1080p. But the mov file should be 3840x2160 as this is the resolution that has been uploaded. Both files are original ones from the drone. No processing.

BTW, if both files are playing good on your computer, that means I have a problem on my side. And I cant figure out what it is. As said before, my 2 pc's are powerful and both have the "lagging" issue. I will try to find some help on the web and also from computer stores near me.

Meanwhile, if someone has an idea or the same problem, please post.

Thank you Lazerbrains.

I downloaded both files to my Windows PC and they both played fine. The mov was definately a 3840x2160. See attached snap from VLC player. It might be that you just need a video card update. DJI_0007.mov Codec.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser