DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mini 3 PRO with Smart Controller ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 154384
  • Start date
Why would a mini have those 'heavy' bosses either side of the gimbal? Dead weight as far as I can see and that is the mortal enemy of the mini..
I would guess fake.

Reactions: Galeforce1
Lens shows 24mm equivalent, f1.7. That would be a direct competitor to the Autel Nano+ for low light superiority

OsitaLV say is fake.

1646170189456.png

I would say fake because Dji’s boxes are not shiny. They are smooth. You can tell that it isn’t the film wrap, it is actually the texture of the box. You can also see at the top that the DJI mini 3 pro words are warped while the rest of the pic is normal. Most cameras don’t warp one section of the image like that. The whole thing would be distorted. Just my thoughts.

DJI love to release rumors 1 or 2 months before releasing a product to do free publicity just like apple does.

I'll defer from the crowd and say real. Looks way too different than the current minis, and the drone itself doesn't look like a photoshop job at all. This may not be a box, but a promotional poster or brochure. There's a lot more that can be done in a small package size, and with the popularity of the mini series I think DJI could be taking note that professionals and high-level enthusiasts would pay more for a better spec drone, the size of the mini.

Time will tell, but I say real (or a variation of something to come).

It looks like a real photo of a poster like @Category 5 state. However, the fact that OsitaLV says is fake, I will trust his statement since I guess is the most reputable leaker from DJI that I know. He has very close contacts with DJI or is part of DJI at the high levels.

Also, the remote controller that the picture has is not an RC Pro controller. That controller is something completely new. If you notice has a cover on the bottom side. The sticks are different. The RC Pro controller does not have the lights in that position. That controller looks like a mix of an RC-N1 with a screen on it. Something like that should be the standard controller that the Mavic 3 users were wishing for, something with a display, even if is small like the original Mavic 2 Pro controller but more actualized.

I will be very surprised if DJI released a DJI Mini 3 with a controller like that one. On the other side, the fact that more countries are not allowing drones over 249g will be a good excuse for DJI to make a really good drone below the 250g to cover those markets and make more money. This will be challenging and interesting to see how they can pack all that technology in a 249g product. This remained when Steve Jobs from Apple was telling their engineers "do not tell me is not possible, find the solutions" when he was developing the iPhone.

DJI will be finding lighter materials and new technology to make this possible.

Last edited:
That thing looks like a frog! 🐸😀😃😆😄 Anyway, flying frog or not, I notice something fishy in that image: the gimbal design looks like the yaw motor arm is either below the camera (like on a DJI Osmo, not something seen on any drone), or there's no yaw axis stabilizing motor, making it a 2-axis gimbal like it was on the DJI Spark and the Parrot Anafi drone. But on that "Mini 3 Pro" image, nothing seems to be supporting the gimbal camera from above, where the yaw axis stabilizing motor is always located on all 3-axis drone gimbals. So it's either a 2-axis only gimbal (which I doubt a "Pro" labeled model will have), or the image is fake and a good joke 😁

I can confirm this is 100% real. I knew this was in development as a friend who is involved in designing it was hinting at it. I even made a post on this forum asking if anybody expected DJI to offer the ‘Anafi design’ in the future ;)

More signs as to why this is real:
-the way the arms fold. Nobody who is capable of creating a fake render is creative enough to create an entire new way of the arms fold.

The wind resistance on this thing will be anafi like 40-50km/h resistance. Flight time will be 30 minutes though.

699 dollar for the fly more package, which is worth it IMO

I have no information or certainty that this is really the new Mini 3 or not ... this we will find out in April if it comes out. I like the idea of having a dedicated RC controller with display and if that's the case, I'll always think about it if the price isn't excessive. let's say it shouldn't exceed 1000 euros for the combo version.

thank you all for your thoughts on the mini 3.😉👍

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I think you guys are missing the point. The Air 2S is the next drone that needs to be updated. This is just DJI's way of saying there's an upgrade is coming up and I think it's gonna be the Air 2S Plus.
That's my wish anyway ... 😁

Front props fold out, not rotating, so they'd be flown inverted. My guess is fake.

Front props fold out, not rotating, so they'd be flown inverted. My guess is fake.
If its a real image.... the props likely operate upside down like on the Skydio 2 to stay clear of the obstacle avoidance. The bumps on either side of the camera would be responsible for keeping it from sitting on the ground.

If its a real image.... the props likely operate upside down like on the Skydio 2 to stay clear of the obstacle avoidance. The bumps on either side of the camera would be responsible for keeping it from sitting on the ground.
in my opinion the front arms open by rotating them downwards like the rear ones of the current mini.

Reactions: Saladshooter
I think you guys are missing the point. The Air 2S is the next drone that needs to be updated. This is just DJI's way of saying there's an upgrade is coming up and I think it's gonna be the Air 2S Plus.
That's my wish anyway ... 😁
From what I have been able to see and hear, I am more than sure this new Mini 3 will be out in mid-April. but I can also be wrong ...
Dji needs to churn out a new 249g. to keep up with the competition.

Reactions: Wreckhunter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98