DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji mini 3, your wishes

We're happy with the Mini 2. Yes, it lacks the D-Cinelike that we have on the P4P+ - and it doesn't come with that great built-in ultra bright screen. But we knew that before getting it as a second drone. It would have to be a massive step forward in technology for us to be interested in another drone, whether Mini 3 or whatever.

A drone is a drone. The main point is what you do with it. And that's a matter of using your brain.

Mini 2 not worth the money?
I think it is an excellent drone/quadcopter ( call it what you will ) for the price!
Although, when I read some of the posts on VARIOUS forums, I know there are people who tend to expect too much from their machines.
Spend a couple of thousand on a drone and you have expectations on certain performance parameters but then I'm a newbie to the hobby, what do I know?
I suppose it's like buying a Dacia and expecting it to operate like a Bentley!
(Not knocking Dacia) I drive one myself! lol.

#1 - Noise/Sound - Well I would say for me the #1 improvement would be reduced noise levels from the propellers. Near-silent drone solutions are coming. This would be very useful for doing wildlife or (legal) public urban photography in non-restricted areas. The difference when filming without a buzzing drone overhead is huge - especially for some members of the public.

#2 - Improved camera - Already 4K but improve to 4K + 60fps and also, if vaguely possible, a higher spec camera lens. Imagine a small drone of under 250g filming at the quality of a M2P? Not so far away either if you see how drones are improving elsewhere for use.

#3 - Sensors - Front and back sensors. Can be done, new chips are emerging all the time which will further allow for miniaturisation like we have not seen before.

#4 - Feature flight controls - Active track, waypoints, etc - but this is all doable already via other software.... time to add it in.

And also perhaps in different colors and etc [emoji106]
The skins go on pretty easy I just did mine however I had to spray paint them a color I preferred. Decal girl that’s where I got mine

Reactions: Hauptmann
Mini 2 not worth the money?
I think it is an excellent drone/quadcopter ( call it what you will ) for the price!
Although, when I read some of the posts on VARIOUS forums, I know there are people who tend to expect too much from their machines.
Spend a couple of thousand on a drone and you have expectations on certain performance parameters but then I'm a newbie to the hobby, what do I know?
I suppose it's like buying a Dacia and expecting it to operate like a Bentley!
(Not knocking Dacia) I drive one myself! lol.
Well said, Yogi053. The Mini 2 is a great drone and inexpensive. And that's from us who only use it as a work tool (together with the P4P+).

RF beacon tracking like Skydio.
Onboard belly strobe similar to the Firehouse units.
Programmable waypoint flight.

All currently available tech.

The drone:
  • Integrated powerful strobes like strobon cree.
  • Active track modes.
  • At least forward collision sensors.
  • Increased altitude for optical tracking.
  • 4k@60FPS.
  • Better low light performance.
  • A bit less sharpening of the video.
  • As much performance as in low noise, wind resistance and speed (higher angles with appropriate gimbal range of motion) as the 249g weight limit allows for.

As for the controller
  • Decreasing size of the controller(but phone/tablet still mounted above it)
  • Adjusting curves for sticks.
As for the app:
  • Zoom peeking while shooting video/flying around. Real-time AGL height indication and wind speed and direction estimation.
  • Weather info warnings regarding wind speed and Kp index.
  • Option for disabling flysafe .... I know a pipe dream but it is a hassle to get all those custom unlocks switch them on and having weird drone behaviour close to their edges.
  • Ability to display both compass and map at the same time
  • Integration with apps like Droneradar for notifying appropriate authorities of launch/landing as I often forget to mark end of the flight.
  • Open SDK/API at launch.

Now that I look back at that post i might have just as well wished for integrated tea brewer ;]

#1 - Noise/Sound - Well I would say for me the #1 improvement would be reduced noise levels from the propellers. Near-silent drone solutions are coming. This would be very useful for doing wildlife or (legal) public urban photography in non-restricted areas. The difference when filming without a buzzing drone overhead is huge - especially for some members of the public.

#2 - Improved camera - Already 4K but improve to 4K + 60fps and also, if vaguely possible, a higher spec camera lens. Imagine a small drone of under 250g filming at the quality of a M2P? Not so far away either if you see how drones are improving elsewhere for use.

#3 - Sensors - Front and back sensors. Can be done, new chips are emerging all the time which will further allow for miniaturisation like we have not seen before.

#4 - Feature flight controls - Active track, waypoints, etc - but this is all doable already via other software.... time to add it in.
Some smart flight stuff such as pano would be nice.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00