DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini SE replacing the MIni 1st Gen?

We're chatting about that over here:

it seems like the DJI Mini SE might be replacing the 1st Gen Mini. Any thoughts?
It looks like DJI is trying to capture customers who are interested in drones at an even lower price point.

Reactions: RMS001
It looks like the front of this drone even has forward facing obstacle avoidance sensors

It looks like the front of this drone even has forward facing obstacle avoidance sensors
It doesn't. You can get a better look at it if you check out the thread I linked above.

I don’t think it has sensors.. That would be hard to do under the 249g. This looks like it’s aiming for the entry level people that want more than just the blister pack type drone but not wanting more expensive $500+ drones?

Thank you for the link to the other thread. I looked here and didn’t see any topics on it so I posted this. Sorry for the duplicate.

Reactions: projectarjun
The DJI mini-Se can attract attention only around its price is $ 200, it has a weaker configuration than the DJI Mavic mini. I expected something more powerful from the DJI, otherwise I decided to front on the hubsan Zino mini.

Reactions: Jam0ne
it has a weaker configuration than the DJI Mavic mini
What makes you think that it's weaker than the original Mini?

I expected something more powerful from the DJI, otherwise I decided to front on the hubsan Zino mini.
Unless I've missed it somewhere, the Zino Mini is still only available for pre-order. There are some "reviews" around but they just seem to list the specs from Zino. Whilst it looks good on paper, until real end-user reviews of an off-the-shelf product are available, there's no way to know whether or not it lives up to the hype.

The DJI mini-Se can attract attention only around its price is $ 200, it has a weaker configuration than the DJI Mavic mini. I expected something more powerful from the DJI, otherwise I decided to front on the hubsan Zino mini.
From what I've seen so far the only thing 'weaker' would be the loss of 1 minute of flight compared to the Mavic Mini. I could have missed some specs listed elsewhere that would prove me wrong but based on the battery and props shown it might actually be on par with the Mini2 performance wise other than range and camera. If that's true then we're getting the higher speed and wind resistance of the $450 mini2 with the camera but the range of the $400 Mavic Mini in a price point that's supposedly $300. If that's true then it looks to be a win for beginners. I'm very happy with my MM at the full retail price I paid but to have gotten a hybrid of them both for $100 less would have been outstanding.

If it is another wifi model, is it possible to connect the new SE remote to the original mini 1? I like this remote style more than the original Mini rc.
Purely a guess on my part I think the antennas/ transceivers are probably the same on the MM and Mini SE so it's probably 50/50 or better that the MM controller would work. I like the ergonomics and battery size of the new controller plus the fact that it's all USB C BUT when you can quickly see by the controller whether you're grabbing/flying the 2.5 mile or 6 mile drone it might be helpful to some.

Hopefully the mini SE will have some new feature or so. I'm looking forward to the reviews on yt. Blessings

Any idea if the mini v1 remote work on the se?
Doubtful, the SE controller has a different model number than the Mini.Capture.jpg

Reactions: DDS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000