DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini2 Commercial Insurance... HELP!?

SSmithUK

Reactions
Hi there.

I fly a Mini2, and would like to start using it for commercial operations (real-estate photography, photos of buildings/businesses etc.).

I currently hold the A2CoC, registered with the CAA and have BMFA public liability insurance, but I don't know where to start with commercial insurance. Basically I just want cover so that I can 'legally' carry out commercial work.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of options when it comes to insurers, and I don't want to be paying through the nose for commercial cover when this is just a side hustle at the moment.

Any help or suggestions welcome

Thanks

There are several routes you can go. You can take out continuous general liability insurance which may or may not offer hull insurance. There are outfits that will sell you insurance by the hour, day month or year.

Last year I had what would be a several day project. I used SkyWatch.AI and found that the monthly coverage was the most economical. There was only one hiccup in the process and that was there is a small tick box, that I suppose was automatically ticked that signed me up for automatic monthly renewals which is not what I wanted. A quick email to Skywatch AI and they refunded my money that was taken from my account at the supposed renewal date. They seem to be pretty responsive..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143