DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI OEM Lens Filter Broke

maxapeters

Reactions
Hello,

I recently got ND filters for my Mavic Pro 2 and as many of you know, that requires you to remove the stock glass lens protecting filter which DJI includes.

I took that stock filter off and noticed it was dirty. I started cleaning it lightly with a microfiber cloth and the glass popped out of the plastic piece which holds it. (See picture) I couldn’t find a way to snap it back into place.

Is there a way to order a new OEM part? I couldn’t find anywhere to purchase one. Should I reach out to DJI? Or is there a good off-brand alternative which would work the same.

I appreciate any and all help!

Max
D3C6880B-4400-4BA1-B9A5-9B473F03395B.jpeg

You might try hot melt glue to bond the plastic to the glass. Use sparingly, just a few spots to see. Another option, that should work well, is silicone caulk, again, sparingly so as not to get the caulk on the the glass in the clear area.

Is there a way to order a new OEM part? I couldn’t find anywhere to purchase one. Should I reach out to DJI?
You could try contacting DJI Support. I don't think they'll sell you this part though. They don't sell most replacement parts.

OEM replacements are hard to find. If you don't mind ordering from China, you could buy a replacement here on eBay.

1579258211029.png

s there a good off-brand alternative which would work the same
Here are a few to consider:

Superglue has a tendancy to “craze” plastic. It will fog it... permanently.
A better option is a product called RC 56. It is a white glue (dries crystal clear), and is made for plastic canopies on radio controlled airplanes. You can find it on Amazon or any good hobby store.
Plan B would be to use a little Elmer’s white glus. I had the same issue on an Inspire 2. Problem solved.

Others can chime in but maybe you can just use the least imposing of the new filters which might not change the video/photos much. At least, until you can fix or replace the original one?

Others can chime in but maybe you can just use the least imposing of the new filters which might not change the video/photos much. At least, until you can fix or replace the original one?

I have the ND4 on currently. I figure I use an ND filter most of the time anyway. I ended up ordering a UV filter off Amazon and hoping that it will do what it is supposed to. Until then, I'll keep the ND filter on. I appreciate the polite response!

Reactions: ff22
You could try contacting DJI Support. I don't think they'll sell you this part though. They don't sell most replacement parts.

OEM replacements are hard to find. If you don't mind ordering from China, you could buy a replacement here on eBay.

View attachment 91049

Here are a few to consider:

Thanks so much for the info! Kind of crazy that DJI doesn't sell replacement parts. I didn't realize Polar Pro had UV filters, I'll plan to get that one!

Actually, many drone parts are available on Amazon and eBay. When I slipped on icy steps and threw the M2P I was carrying into a brick wall, I didn't notice the damage and went flying anyway (it was at night). LF motor arm failed, resulting crash broke another arm also, along with bushings, hinge pivots, etc. Motor arms are $35 and $45 (roughly) on-line. I was able to repair it for well under $200.

Maybe the Mini doesn't have parts available yet, due to the number they are churning out . . . but I'm sure they will.

[QUOTE="raven swe, post: 907056, member:not meaning to be rude or anything, but, cant people think for themselves anymore with minor problems, timit more than likely takes longer to post stuff like this than it would to fix it.
[/QUOTE]

Well, God bless your heart!

Thanks so much for the info! Kind of crazy that DJI doesn't sell replacement parts. I didn't realize Polar Pro had UV filters, I'll plan to get that one!
They do sell the "protective filter (plain glass)" for their Osmo Action Camera as a spare part. It is interesting that they don't sell these front THINGIES (g) for either the Zoom or Pro as spare parts. Of course, some companies have great customer service and will send replacement parts at no cost. A connector on my hiking pole came loose and lost. I contacted them and they sent two replacement parts at no cost. Good will does not cost that much and earns lots of respect.

super glue it, go fly, not meaning to be rude or anything, but, cant people think for themselves anymore with minor problems, time and time again I see posts over such trivial things that 10 seconds of thought would fix, the outer bezel has a lip on the inside by the look of it, a couple of dabs of superglue around that and its good to go. it more than likely takes longer to post stuff like this than it would to fix it.
DO NOT Super glue. Inept advise. You will fog your lens work the fumes as they condense back on top of the coating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie