DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI OSMO Action Pricing Released and Is Available Now!

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.aerial-pixel.com
The DJI OSMO Action was just released! Pricing is what I expected it to be to stay competitive with GoPro. I just placed my order, right now DJI says it ships in 1 business day, I'll report back with my thoughts and comparisons.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a feeling after I do a side-by-side comparison my GoPro Hero 7 Black will be going on eBay.

Being able to use existing GoPro mounts is a really smart move on DJI's part, we have a bunch of accessories for the Hero 4 that we have. If ultimately we upgrade that to the DJI cam, being able to keep and use all of those is great. My only complaint looks to be how much the DJI crops vs the GoPro.

Dear DJI. If you do a "trade up" from older GoPro's -100$, I'll buy one today, tho Nick is not going to be happy!

Ping me DJI, let's make a deal!

That would be incredibly tempting.

Last edited:
What I'd really like to see is an action camera version of their pocket, something that combines the gimbal and camera small enough to pop on a chest mount or similar that could run on external power. I have a Zhiyun Rider-M which works well as a gimbal but it's clumsy in use as it has its own power separate to the camera, can't be externally powered and I've other issues with some of my cameras particularly with the mics picking up too much gimbal noise. I know the claim is you don't need the gimbal because the stabilisation on the likes of the GoPro7 is good enough it doesn't need it but looking at the footage I don't agree, it is impressive stabilisation but it's not as good as a gimbal.

I have toyed with a GoPro7 as I really like their timelapse feature particularly which looks superb but I've been put off by mixed reviews on its stability and batterylife which sound very similar to my experiences with the GoPro3 Black which was premature and frustrating with its unreliability. I've a couple of GoPro4 Sessions and a couple of Gopro5 Sessions as I really like these ones, they're easy to mount anywhere and have been very reliable for me. I do have a 360 camera as well which does genuinely offer gimbal like stabilisation (in fact even more so as it can move through a huge range) but it burns through battery and storage plus the 360 files are difficult to work with, I've yet to manage a workflow which gets the files up to YT or similar without losing too much quality.

So far it looks pretty close to the hero 7 black. Still need to see some reviews comparing audio and stabilization. Cant really see the benefit of getting rid of my hero 7 for this one.

So far it looks pretty close to the hero 7 black. Still need to see some reviews comparing audio and stabilization. Cant really see the benefit of getting rid of my hero 7 for this one.
Yeah, I'll be glad to get rid of the GoPro app, the video stream is so pixelated to what I have on the Mimo app with the Osmo Pocket and compared to what I've with the Osmo Action YouTube videos. Aldryn with FlytPath on YouTube does a really good comparison starting 5 minutes in on this video:

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Well I'm slightly underwhelmed. The app will beat gopro's without even trying, The programmable settings button is a really nice nice feature. The front screen doesn't really do anything for me personally. The "dewarp" is an excellent feature as well. Other than that im not ditching my gopro just yet. I would consider buying one if I was in the market but I wouldnt say its a grand slam compared to the gopro. The good news is gopro finally has real competition so it will be a win for consumers. You could stay brand loyal across the board from drones to action cameras now. Right now gopro is the standard that all others are compared to, we will see if DJI can take that away from them. There are a lot of gopro haters out there and they finally have a valid camera to point to when making comparasions.

After my experience with the OSMO Pocket then DJI Customer service. I’ll keep my distance from any DJI product. Business operations has changed considerably since the Mavic 1.

After my experience with the OSMO Pocket then DJI Customer service. I’ll keep my distance from any DJI product. Business operations has changed considerably since the Mavic 1.
What happened to your Osmo Pocket? My has run like a champ so far (KNOCK ON WOOD).

Spent over 2-hours with customer service trying to activate it when they knew full well this was a common problem, especially for those don't want their imagery in third party hands. The DJI Chat technician said to return it to the retailer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada