DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji photo folder disappeared

Reactions
I'm new to the drone world, I've had my Zoom now for a couple of months. I thought everything was going great, and was getting quite a bit of photos and videos under my belt. Been using a brand new Galaxy Tab A 8 with my Mavic.

When I looked at my tablet tonight, all of the photos in the dji photo album, and dji record album were grey boxes. No photos or videos just grey boxes. So I restarted my tablet, and now they're all gone. Not just the photos and videos, but the albums as well.
Read online about how someone deleted the app, then reinstalled it in order to get them back. Well, that didn't work.

Help! Are my 100+ photos gone for good?

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy A.
No they are not on the sd card.

The app created two folders on the tablet, one with photos, and the other with videos. For some reason the files wouldn't automatically show up there. Sometimes they would, sometimes they wouldn't. So I've been doing it manually. (The cache ones that did show up, were horrible.) I would take the sd card out, put it in the tablet, then transfer.
That's were I'd transfer the files if they weren't already there. Those 2 folders are what disappeared.

Last edited:
I use a desktop and have a backup portable drive I copy all my raw footage too from the SD card.

The original videos should be on the drone's SD card.
It is not advisable to use the same card on the tablet and on the drone ...
The videos shown are always on the drone card.
Use reliable readers.
Use the appropriate card for your tablet's reading buffer.
And don't forget to make backup copies.

The original videos should be on the drone's SD card.
It is not advisable to use the same card on the tablet and on the drone ...
The videos shown are always on the drone card.
Use reliable readers.
Use the appropriate card for your tablet's reading buffer.
And don't forget to make backup copies.

Is it wrong to pull the sd card out of my drone, and transfer the files onto my laptop or tablet from that? Because that's what I've been doing. I don't keep it in the tablet, just transfer, then put it back in the drone.
Like I said, I'm new to all of this. I take it I'm supposed to plug in the mini USB to the drone in order to transfer, not take the card out?
I've been doing it that way because I thought keeping the sd card content down, I would never run out of space.

Just an old school guy, trying to learn new tricks.

Last edited:
I plug th drone into my PC I drag the DCMI folder from the SD card to my desktop them I delete it from the card. I never remove the card from the drone.

Is it wrong to pull the sd card out of my drone, and transfer the files onto my laptop or tablet from that? Because that's what I've been doing.
That's the usual way to do it.
Using a cable to copy from the drone is slow and awkward, popping the SD card and using an adapter to copy to your computer is fast and easy.

Reactions: Thomas B
So my method of saving the files is ok, just have to put them in different folders than the dji ones.
I'm still puzzled as to how the Dji album and record folders disappeared. App issue?

So my method of saving the files is ok, just have to put them in different folders than the dji ones.
I'm still puzzled as to how the Dji album and record folders disappeared. App issue?
If you've copied files to your tablet and can't find them, it has nothing to do with the DJI Go app.

I copied them into the dji folders that disappeared, how is that not an dji issue. I definitely didn't delete those folders
You copied them to a folder inside the DJI Go App?
That's an odd thing to do.
I have no idea whether the app has done anything to them.
Have you connected the tablet to a computer and tried searching for DJI*.jpg to see if you've accidentally moved them to somewhere not immediately visible?

You copied them to a folder inside the DJI Go App?
That's an odd thing to do.
I have no idea whether the app has done anything to them.
Have you connected the tablet to a computer and tried searching for DJI*.jpg to see if you've accidentally moved them to somewhere not immediately visible?
Those folders were on my tablet, not my computer. If the pictures weren't there after each flight, I'd take the sd card out and put it in my tablet and transfer them. For some reason they wouldn't always show up after flights.
Your telling me those folders were in the app? Even though they appeared to be in my photo albums on my tablet?

Your method of transferring files is fine, but your method of saving them is not. You are experiencing what will happen if a single storage plan fails. If you are not making a backup copy on a second device then you should look at cloud storage (I know, still a single store but much less prone to loss).

Regarding the disappearing folders, if they were in a Go 4 created folder then I could see where an update might change the folder structure and remove the folders that Go 4 no longer needs. They might have been transferred to a new folder created by the update. Do the search that @Meta4 suggested and you might find them.

Those folders were on my tablet, not my computer. If the pictures weren't there after each flight, I'd take the sd card out and put it in my tablet and transfer them. For some reason they wouldn't always show up after flights.
Your telling me those folders were in the app? Even though they appeared to be in my photo albums on my tablet?
I'm not telling you anything.
Your tale is very confusing and I can't work out what you've done.

Your method of transferring files is fine, but your method of saving them is not. You are experiencing what will happen if a single storage plan fails. If you are not making a backup copy on a second device then you should look at cloud storage (I know, still a single store but much less prone to loss).

Regarding the disappearing folders, if they were in a Go 4 created folder then I could see where an update might change the folder structure and remove the folders that Go 4 no longer needs. They might have been transferred to a new folder created by the update. Do the search that @Meta4 suggested and you might find them.
I will, thank you

Those folders were on my tablet, not my computer. If the pictures weren't there after each flight, I'd take the sd card out and put it in my tablet and transfer them...
The pictures/videos that were automatically stored on your tablet were most likely the lower-resolution versions of what is on the SD card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes