DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Pilot Mission planning not accepting a KML from Google Earth Pro

RogerW

Reactions
I have done some polygons in Google Earth Pro (GeP) for an upcoming job. I have just purchased a MAvic 2 Enterprise Zoom which I'm slowly getting to know. I have been flying with a P4P 2.0 a couple of years and still flying with it.

Now my problem: I'm creating a KML in GeP and can easily transfer the KML to the SD card in my Samsung Galaxy tab.

I open DJI Pilot, slect "Mission flight" - "KML import" - "Mapping". I then select the KML i uploaded to the SD card. After this I'm immedeately getting an error telling me "Invalid KML file format".
I can open the KML:s in GeP and they are working as expected. But DJI Pilot wont accept them.

Anyone seen this and can share a solution or a link?

Best regards

Roger, Sweden.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Results in a "Task type error". No success..
That's what I get when I try to load a simple, square, double grid mission, into a 'Mapping Mission'
I personally have given up to go that route and use GSPro or other apps to perform that task.

That's what I get when I try to load a simple, square, double grid mission, into a 'Mapping Mission'
I personally have given up to go that route and use GSPro or other apps to perform that task.

I normally use Dronedeploy for all my captures. I have been looking at GS Pro, but I'm using an Android...
However: I saw the option in DJI Pilot and was happy for some five minutes.
The KML isn't that fancy. Three Polygone areas. Period.

1586293263061.png

The KML isn't that fancy
Try importing the areas one by one. Set the flight altitude 'Relative to Ground' in GE.

I imported that simple polygon created in GE successfully in Pilot's mission planner.:

Polygon Test.png

that resulted in a mapping mission in Pilot:
Screenshot_2020-04-07-23-30-17-829.jpg

Try importing the areas one by one. Set the flight altitude 'Relative to Ground' in GE.

I imported that simple polygon created in GE successfully in Pilot's mission planner.:
that resulted in a mapping mission in Pilot:

That might be a solution, but be forced to do one KML per Polygon? Well... I have to think it over..
I wonder why DJI hasn't taken care of this bug? Unbelievable..

Roger

A quick feed back.
I got a reply from DJI Support and according to them ALL KML:s about to be imported have to be in the ROOT of the SD card.
An only one polygon per KML is accepted.

So it's working now.

But I made a try today. 40 meters height. The capture was over a field with bright white sun baked snow and, in the middle, a large pile of gravel.
The capture resulted in 110 JPG:s all with the size of 253 K and totally white. Have to dig into this, but first a new capture..

Hello all,

I am new to DJIs (I've flown a lot of missions with senseFly fixed-wing and Parrot Anafi using Pix4D Capture), and this is a curious thread to me.

I stumbled my way here because I've been trying to create a KML using ArcMap and import to Pilot, and am getting a lot of the same roadblocks that yall have evidently encountered.

What is the easiest way to get this done? I see in the most recent comment that you have to load it to the Root of the SD card? I don't fully understand this, as I had assumed that the KML import could be accomplished just by loading it onto your smartphone and then into the app (as the software would indicate).

Any advice?

Thanks

A quick feed back.
I got a reply from DJI Support and according to them ALL KML:s about to be imported have to be in the ROOT of the SD card.
An only one polygon per KML is accepted.

So it's working now.

But I made a try today. 40 meters height. The capture was over a field with bright white sun baked snow and, in the middle, a large pile of gravel.
The capture resulted in 110 JPG:s all with the size of 253 K and totally white. Have to dig into this, but first a new capture..
Do you mean on the tablet or UAV Drone for the location of the KML as have the same issue

Hello all,

I am too facing problem importing a kml to pilot 2. it keeps say invalind KMZ format.

How ever if i re trace the kml in google earth and then save it as a kml. that file is getting imported.
But the re traced file is not accurate and lot of errors. as google earth do not provide tools to do it accurately.

what is a wpml file and how to create it.

Kindly help.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka