DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC blurry maps

wilger

Reactions
When I compare a map on my iphone 7 to the RC map, the DJI RC has very blurry maps in satellite view. To the point they are not useable. Is this something that will be dealt with or is it permanent? I cannot do maps with this problem.

yes all up to date and doesnt matter what I do the result is very poor resolution compared to what I get with my old Ipad Mini 4.

The Fly app on standard Android devices (and most likely apple devices too) uses satellite imagery from Google, whereas the DJI RC uses imagery from another source (Mapbox, I think?) which is generally lower resolution and hence appears quite blurry. I don't know of any way to change this.

I think the difference is due to licensing issues, or non-standard/unorthodox implementation of Android on the DJI RC.

Reactions: Rchawks
Yes you are prob right as DJI was a bit evasive when asked about it by saying it might be fixed in future updates but did not acknowledge it as an on going issue. Sure hope they do as its a tarnish on their excellent drones.

RC PRO same issue!
Hey mate, I have the RC that is the same and are trying to get a survey where people who have this issue complete the survey so we can send it to DJI. To get things fixed you need to present evidence to them (search for this post DJI RC Pro & DJI RC satellite view survey. and participate please).
With regards to your RC Pro, my mate has one and it works fine, hers has the latest firmware but...

My DJI-RC Satelite Images are Very Blurry (Pixelated) in South africa - too
June 2023

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair