DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC doesn't play H265 files from card

Reactions
Hi there, I have a MAvic 2 Pro and recently made an upgrade ( ?? ) and bought a Mini3Pro. I have some issues, I hope some of you have answers... :

First, I really need the video enhancement ( LUT ? ) for the display when recording "d-cinelike", like M2P, but I've seen it's been discussed here, and no solution yet.

What I found to be a HUGE issue, is when recording in H.265, 10 bit, "d-cinelike", suppose I want to watch the footage later. But I can't do it on the card still in the drone itself, because of overheating ( the dron shuts down in 15-20 minutes if not flying ). And I can't watch it on the DJI RC controller either ( by putting the SD card on the controller slot ), because it says " file cannot be played". WHat to do ? Videos recorded in "Normal " video mode plays fine. It seems the RC controller can'T play "its own" H254 format files ?

By the way, I have checked the card with an old DJI Smart controller and it plays ALL videos with no problem. Any workaround ? Let's suppose I am on a vacation, no laptop with me, and can't check my footage after flying ??
Thanks.

Workaround is to carry a device that CAN play the files you record. Is that really so difficult? The DJI RC is a low cost unit with a few compromises, including, apparently, a low power processor.
Personally, I'd never travel without my laptop (and a back up drive...), so your problem is a bit academic to me.

By the way, I have checked the card with an old DJI Smart controller and it plays ALL videos with no problem. Any workaround ? Let's suppose I am on a vacation, no laptop with me, and can't check my footage after flying ??
Your device must have enough resources to play H.265, 10 bit video and a player with the proper codec installed.
Not a work around, but try recording in H264

Reactions: hiflyer201
Workaround is to carry a device that CAN play the files you record. Is that really so difficult? The DJI RC is a low cost unit with a few compromises, including, apparently, a low power processor.
Personally, I'd never travel without my laptop (and a back up drive...), so your problem is a bit academic to me.
Seems very reasonable to expect the RC would play back any format the drone can record and understand such an expectation. Is that really so difficult?

Could you share your source indicating the CPU is underpowered to decode and display h.265 source? IIRC, O3 uses h.265 to encode the live view.

Seems very reasonable to expect the RC would play back any format the drone can record and understand such an expectation. Is that really so difficult?

Could you share your source indicating the CPU is underpowered to decode and display h.265 source? IIRC, O3 uses h.265 to encode the live view.
You may notice I used the word "apparently". IOW, it was a guess. You might note that O3 is 1080P IIRC (another qualification. Look it up if you don't understand it, like you didn't understand "apparently) so it would make less of a demand on the processor.

This isn't worth arguing about. You don't like the RC, just return it. Most of us are quite happy with it.

IIRC, O3 uses h.265 to encode the live view.
It's probably able to decode 8-bit h.265 but not 10-bit according to what OP mentioned.

The DJI RC is at "cheap smartphone" level and less than a third of the price of the RC Pro / half of the old SC...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143