DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC (mini 3 with display) controller disassembly

MaximusCZ

Reactions
Ill edit this post as I continue exploring

So since I couldn't find a video to disassemble to DJI RC, I said to myself "how hard can it be anyways" and disassembled it.

Here is first few photos:

If anyone wanna see anything specific, let me know before I close it again :D

So far:
4 screws total. 2 from bottom in the hole (visible), 2 under the glued rubber stick holder
Started from the bottom, under charging USB-C port, afterwards I think its the best place to start.
Used two dull dining knives to open. I tried plastic tools but it bends too much. Surprisingly few scars (if any) on the plastic of controller, its tough stuff.

Edit:
Edit2:

Last edited:
intresting about upgrade antenne's like more photo's about that

Reactions: Gary R and Stach
How the are connected so we can see if it is possible to put other antennes

Reactions: Gary R
How the are connected so we can see if it is possible to put other antennes
Hope this helps.
Its only one wire soldered to it. Cant see where the other end ends, as its beneath heatsink, which I have no plan on removing yet.

Edit: SpinItUp posted a nice photo showing the connectors above

Reactions: Gary R and Stach
If you are prepared to drill holes through your new controller and use plastic washers to push the aerials through.
Gimbals what do you mean?

If you are prepared to drill holes through your new controller and use plastic washers to push the aerials through.
Gimbals what do you mean?
The controller sticks. They are very weak in spring return rate. Makes the control sloppy.

If we can tighten the stick tension it will help.

The controller sticks. They are very weak in spring return rate. Makes the control sloppy.

If we can tighten the stick tension it will help.
There are two springs per stick (one for up/down and one for left/right) thats affecting the force. You would probably have to replace them with something shorter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike