DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC or iPhone 7+

airgovroom

Reactions
Hello, so i’m considering a DJI RC but i’d really rather save $180 AUD when I have a functioning phone, but as my phone is considerably old (dji lists it as not supported even though the app works as far as I can tell) the CPU, RAM, and battery might not be pleasant or good enough (I don’t want my phone to become an electric heater and/or crash mid flight). If anyone has experience with both or is able to test this, it would be greatly appreciated. I am aware that the RC is a bit brighter than my phone. Thanks.

Does not work fully with iPhone 7 continually/intermittently got CPU errors and performance issues presume iPhone 7+ will exhibit similar issues, as same CPU used in both iPhone 7. Initially I would have preferred to use my old iPhone 7. DJI has indicated iPhone 8 is minimum to use due to amount of resources the DJI fly app requires to fully function, it will partly run but issues will occur, not worth the risk !

Reactions: Saladshooter
Does not work fully with iPhone 7 continually/intermittently got CPU errors and performance issues presume iPhone 7+ will exhibit similar issues, as same CPU used in both iPhone 7. Initially I would have preferred to use my old iPhone 7. DJI has indicated iPhone 8 is minimum to use due to amount of resources the DJI fly app requires to fully function, it will partly run but issues will occur, not worth the risk !
Thank you! Really annoying since I don’t want to pay for a controller that will probably be unsupported by future drones.

I second this. Honestly the DJI RC is probably the best solution for the Mini 3 Pro. I expect it will be supported onto the next couple of DJI's offerings and can already fly the Mavic 3.

Even my iPhone 12 becomes nearly unusable due to overheating and dimming in summer heat and my friend's iPhone 8 is far worse. I fly with a dedicated tablet but for your needs the DJI RC should work nicely.\

Reactions: airgovroom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929