DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC PRO Charge while flying??

Nanka

Reactions
Hi guys, I’m almost about to pull the pin on a new RC PRO controller, but I can’t find an answer as to wether or not the RC PRO can be charged while your in the field flying. I remember seeing that you can charge the old smart controller via power bank while flying, so I’m assuming that it’s the same with the RC PRO? Appreciate any answer to this!

I have not tried it yet. but I think it can. just plug in an external battery to the controller. I do it all the time with my MP2, because some of the jobs that I do last a few hours or more. I used to have 12 batteries for my MP2 and one controller, not I am down to 7 batteries and one controller, so I have to be able to charge my controller while flying. especially since I am not going to invest into another controller. I just purchase M3 Cine with 6 batteries.

I also have two external 65w rechargeable batteries that use for my controllers. that I plug in to my controller while flying.

Reactions: pommy
Hi guys, I’m almost about to pull the pin on a new RC PRO controller, but I can’t find an answer as to wether or not the RC PRO can be charged while your in the field flying. I remember seeing that you can charge the old smart controller via power bank while flying, so I’m assuming that it’s the same with the RC PRO? Appreciate any answer to this!
I forgot to try this. I will test it later today, if it is not raining. I am so amazing of the battery life compare to my mp2 that I forgot to test it.

Why do you need to charge while in the air? When you land, you can do a quick charge with at least a 65W PD and will charge at least 50% in about 20-25 minutes. That should be sufficient to fly another 2-3 times.

Yes, you can!

Reactions: burtba
Sorry I am late with my response Yes you can....I tried it...works like a champ.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Why do you need to charge while in the air? When you land, you can do a quick charge with at least a 65W PD and will charge at least 50% in about 20-25 minutes. That should be sufficient to fly another 2-3 times.
Sometimes operations dont allow for a 25min break

That is correct, especially if you are doing a job that need to be completed in a specific amount of time.

I have done several big jobs over the past fees years that require me Tobe charging my controller while flying.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots