DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Pro & DJI RC satellite view survey.

Yt2

Reactions
Can all owners of RCPro & RC zoom right in as close as you can zoom in and see if it is satisfactory.
Mine is pathetic and DJI aren't owning this so we need to show DJI that we have a problem that needs fixing.
It is funny that if I use my Android phone with the same version of the fly app it works great. The RC also uses a version of Android so go figure. If you reply can you provide your country, town, app version, RC firmware version and drone used.
This needs to be fixed as it is impossible to plan a waypoint mission out in the field without having to fly the mission to collect the waypoints and don't forget DJI looks like they are not going to STK's for the Mavic 3...
Phone version N1 controller.
Fly on Android phone.jpg
DJI RC controller.
Fly on DJI RC.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is terrible.
Australia, Albany WA, App V1.9.4, RC firmware V01.00.01.28 connected to WiFi and a Mavic 3...

Last edited:
To the moderator that moved this post into the DJI RC Pro controller section please move it back to the general discussion section.
I need the maximum number of people to see this post as up untill two weeks ago, I didn't realise I had this problem and people with the DJI RC may not look in the DJI RC Pro section.
I need all people with the RC & RC Pro to do this check and report there finding. Supplying documentation of this fault will make DJI sit up and fix this issue.
I understand the reason why you moved the post, but in may not help the cause in getting this issue rectified
Thanks Yt2.

The view on my DJI RC is the fuzzy the same as yours. I believe I have read that the RC uses a different map service than an Android phone or tablet does. Phones and tablets will typically use Google maps but the RC uses a different service, I think...

I use 'new posts' so I was able to find it. I have an RC Pro and my maps show like your top picture on both DJY Fly and Litchi. This may be because I am in my house connected to the internet. GPS has come a long way since I got my first Garmin GPS II, it's even pretty accurate as to where I am inside my house in my La-Z-Boy.

I use 'new posts' so I was able to find it. I have an RC Pro and my maps show like your top picture on both DJY Fly and Litchi. This may be because I am in my house connected to the internet. GPS has come a long way since I got my first Garmin GPS II, it's even pretty accurate as to where I am inside my house in my La-Z-Boy.
Hey mate, I assume by your post that the drone is not a Mavic 3 if you are using Litchi. Could you fill out the details as in post No: 2 please as this would help.
Cheers Yt2...

The view on my DJI RC is the fuzzy the same as yours. I believe I have read that the RC uses a different map service than an Android phone or tablet does. Phones and tablets will typically use Google maps but the RC uses a different service, I think...
Yes the use something else (DJI tech support told me the name but I have forgotten it).
It is not up to scratch for the task, so they need to change it to something that works...

Reactions: 3rdof5
Hey mate, I assume by your post that the drone is not a Mavic 3 if you are using Litchi. Could you fill out the details as in post No: 2 please as this would help.
Cheers Yt2...
Mine is the Air 2S and I tried again with the WIFI turned off. I got no satellite view without it and Litchi notified me to turn it on. I have not launched away from my yard yet so I don't know what it will do away from my WIFI, I'm guessing it won't provide a satellite view.

Have you posted in the DJI support forums?

Hi rexster1505,
No I haven't but I believe the issue is with the map provider that DJI use and on the DJI RC, it is locked so we can't change it. This is why I need evidence of people having issues with the satellite view to post here.

DJI does not monitor these forums. This is a known issue with the satellite maps on the RC Pro and the DJI RC. The map provider of the maps used by DJI on both devices does not provide the same level of satellite detail, as is available on both Apple and Android devices connected to the RC-N1. DJI is already fully aware of this, and has no current plans to change the map provider on either device, no matter what any support person tells you. If you intend to create a Waypoint Mission without flying it, and need greater detail, you'll need create it with the RC-N1 instead.

One thing I have learnt in life, if you don't ask you don't get.
If people get behind this and I send it to DJI we have a good chance of getting it fixed.
Doing nothing, gets nothing and I have been left holding the baby once before with the DJI Crystalsky!
Just as well I only purchased the RC and not the RC Pro. Paying that much money for a controller, I would expect the best...

Reactions: jephoto and Rnl
If people get behind this and I send it to DJI we have a good chance of getting it fixed.
Doing nothing, gets nothing and I have been left holding the baby once before with the DJI Crystalsky!
Just as well I only purchased the RC and not the RC Pro. Paying that much money for a controller, I would expect the best...
DJI could care less. It's their way or the highway to another brand of drone. There's not enough people on this forum to sway DJI to do anything. Good luck tilting at the windmill.....

There's another expression called "tilting at windmills." DJI marches to the tune of their own drummer. No matter what they tell you, they don't care what you or I think or want, no matter how many of us want it. It's a complete waste of your time to try and change their minds, about something they don't consider to be a bug. Just being pragmatic. It's DJI's way or the highway! They are aware of the issue, but it's not one likely to be changed, as they would need to change mapping providers to do so.

How did your Crystalsky campaign go?

I don't know if this helps, I reached someone higher up the chain of command because of all my emails and phone calls to tech support and bitching about the RC PRO controller issues. I asked him to get more training for technical support, because they have limited knowledge about the operation of the controller. I also mentioned some of the problems the members are having with their controllers and would he bring it up to the attention of the engineering department.also I told him if he wanted to know what's going on in the DJI community to visit our Forum and see for himself. If this does any good who knows it may just fall on deaf ears.
Regards Oman

Last edited:
Reactions: blackbirdsr72
I don't know if this helps, I reached someone higher up the chain of command because of all my emails and phone calls to tech support and bitching about the RC PRO controller issues. I asked him to get more training for technical support, because they have limited knowledge about the operation of the controller. I also mentioned some of the problems the members are having with their controllers and would he bring it up to the attention of the engineering department.also I told him if he wanted to know what's going in the DJI community to visit our Forum and see for himself. If this does any good who knows it may just fall on deaf ears.
Regards Oman
Sadly, probably just like the "Suggestion Box" at a business, that drops directly into a trash can below. LOL!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000