DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Pro no longer supports HDMI Out

Hugabeen

Reactions
I was preparing a live stream with multiple cameras on a switcher today when I discovered I can no longer use HDMI Out with the DJI RC Pro. I have used it many times in the past. DJI Customer Care cannot provide an explanation or a solution. I have tried multiple different new and unused cables, refreshed firmware, factory reset and installed firmware on the radio using the app and DJI Assistant on the PC and I have carefully inspected the physical HDMI port on the radio with a microscope revealing no damage or wear. When I navigate to the display settings in the remote, there is no advance settings or options visible on the HDMI selection either. This is a new problem. Has anyone else with the RC Pro noticed this problem?

Here is a link to the YouTube Video showing exactly what I'm seeing:

Thanks for any help!

Although I don't have the DJI RC Pro, it sounds like an issue that DJI will need to fix in a firmware update. In fact, I thought about getting the RC Pro to have HDMI capability. So, I'm very disappointed here. Please let us know what DJI says and/or plans to do

$1200 and no longer fully functional? Warranty still valid? I'd be super upset. DJI could do so much better on many levels... and would.... if it had any real competition.

All firmware updated and HDMI out works fine to my external Feelworld monitor. Wish I could help.

I would just exchange it. Any time I’ve had an issue like this, I’ve sent them a video to demonstrate the problem then they’ve issued an RMA and label and exchanged my defective product. They don’t usually fix the old one and just exchange it within a few days.

I would just exchange it. Any time I’ve had an issue like this, I’ve sent them a video to demonstrate the problem then they’ve issued an RMA and label and exchanged my defective product. They don’t usually fix the old one and just exchange it within a few days.
That's all well and good but the problem is they take a **** geologic age to get my product back to me. And I use it weekly for work so that's a huge problem. My Mini 3 Pro took 6 weeks to get returned for repair after I sent it to them last summer

That's all well and good but the problem is they take a **** geologic age to get my product back to me. And I use it weekly for work so that's a huge problem. My Mini 3 Pro took 6 weeks to get returned for repair after I sent it to them last summer
I just sent my cine in due to horizon tilt. got it back in one week. solid service!

I was preparing a live stream with multiple cameras on a switcher today when I discovered I can no longer use HDMI Out with the DJI RC Pro. I have used it many times in the past. DJI Customer Care cannot provide an explanation or a solution. I have tried multiple different new and unused cables, refreshed firmware, factory reset and installed firmware on the radio using the app and DJI Assistant on the PC and I have carefully inspected the physical HDMI port on the radio with a microscope revealing no damage or wear. When I navigate to the display settings in the remote, there is no advance settings or options visible on the HDMI selection either. This is a new problem. Has anyone else with the RC Pro noticed this problem?

Here is a link to the YouTube Video showing exactly what I'm seeing:

Thanks for any help!
Sorry about what you are experiencing. So I had an issue with my RC remote for my Mavic 3 Pro. I had the same issue about 4 months ago. Two weeks ago my Mavic 3 E arrived, and I had the same issue. Come to find out it was my cable. And a new cable solved my problem. I have the most updated firmware downloaded to my RC remote. Thus far I have not experienced the exact issue you showed on youtube. I wish I could help. Good luck with this issue.

Sorry about what you are experiencing. So I had an issue with my RC remote for my Mavic 3 Pro. I had the same issue about 4 months ago. Two weeks ago my Mavic 3 E arrived, and I had the same issue. Come to find out it was my cable. And a new cable solved my problem. I have the most updated firmware downloaded to my RC remote. Thus far I have not experienced the exact issue you showed on youtube. I wish I could help. Good luck with this issue.
I sure with it was the case with mine. But I've tried half a dozen new cables and adapters. It's definitely the software or firmware.

I think they might be better now. I had the same concern and made them promise to return immediately and the shipping time and return time, total, was about 10 days. I live in Canada and the exchange happened in the United States.

Update:

I gave up and sent the unit to DJI for Repair. They determined the issue to be a core board component malfunction. So I imagine they'll just be sending me a new unit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122_092545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122_092545_Chrome.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 24
Glad you got it sorted. I can understand your frustration. It is a pricey drone and you want the feature to work. Good that it is being replaced!

Reactions: Hugabeen
Having the same HDMI-out problem with mine! Just did a little back and forth chat with DJI service (try different monitors / different cables) and now they are also having me send in for repair today. Hoping to get a fix and get back quickly. Will report back.

That is odd that this is coming up. I have no issue with mine, but perhaps I'm lucky, or perhaps I have yet to experience what you folks are describing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121