DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Pro satellite and mixed maps

PhucTran

Reactions
Is anyone in the same situation as me? My RC Pro switched to satellite and mixed versions, the image is very blurry, I can't see the rc pro is at the latest fw and the dji fly is at 1.7.

Attachments

• C52E9046-C735-48D0-8ED1-188FACCC71D5.jpeg
    C52E9046-C735-48D0-8ED1-188FACCC71D5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
Yes, this has been the case since they "fixed" these maps disappearing with 1.6.8, bad resolution since. I reported this on the official DJI support forum. They did fix on their end [or where map source is] without issuing an app release for that version to make it work again however if I recall correctly.

Yes, this has been the case since they "fixed" these maps disappearing with 1.6.8, bad resolution since. I reported this on the official DJI support forum. They did fix on their end [or where map source is] without issuing an app release for that version to make it work again however if I recall correctly.
so currently the satellite map problem has not been solved by DJI on rc pro?

Correct, even with the latest rc pro firmware and dji fly app - at least in the region I am in, and looks like yours too.
Rc pro is great but the satellite map part is annoying when I fly with this satellite map

Yes with the rc pro [and mavic 3 or with no drone connected] - this post is in the rc pro area. Issue appears to be that DJI changed the map source to maptiler (at least for the android versions of DJI Fly - not sure what the other apps use) as doesn't show the source in corner of screen. On iOS version of the DJI Fly app it's different and better resolution, though not as sharp as google maps and seems to be the same map source as for the DJI Go 4 app on iOS. Didn't seem to be apple maps (which apears to be TomTom source for me).

Reactions: PhucTran
Yes with the rc pro [and mavic 3 or with no drone connected] - this post is in the rc pro area. Issue appears to be that DJI changed the map source to maptiler (at least for the android versions of DJI Fly - not sure what the other apps use) as doesn't show the source in corner of screen. On iOS version of the DJI Fly app it's different and better resolution, though not as sharp as google maps and seems to be the same map source as for the DJI Go 4 app on iOS. Didn't seem to be apple maps (which apears to be TomTom source for me).
Is there a way I can install the google map source to replace the maptiler map? on this dji rc pro area I saw a post that installing google map fixed the above error but the person who posted that thread wasn't sure if it was fixed by installing google map or just random.

I have a RC Pro, my map works properly. I also have Google Maps installed. This is a max zoom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-135605.png
    Screenshot_20220906-135605.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
Sorry no idea if that would work anyway, would depend on how the DJI Fly app chooses it's mapping source - would suspect it's connecting directly to an API. Would be interested to know if someone has managed to "fix" this though.

Sorry no idea if that would work anyway, would depend on how the DJI Fly app chooses it's mapping source - would suspect it's connecting directly to an API. Would be interested to know if someone has managed to "fix" this though.
Have you installed google maps yet? you can try.

Hey guys,
Can you look at this post

DJI RC Pro & DJI RC satellite view survey.​

and reply as per the second post.
Trying to get DJI to fix this issue...

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Can you look at this post

DJI RC Pro & DJI RC satellite view survey.​

and reply as per the second post.
Trying to get DJI to fix this issue...
No hyperlink to any post included.

I have a RC Pro, my map works properly. I also have Google Maps installed. This is a max zoom.
Please explain the procedure for installing Google maps.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If that is your max zoom, that's the same low res satellite map version that everyone else has on the RC Pro, which is much lower than the High Res version of the map in Fly app using the RC-N1 connected to either an iOS or Android device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada