DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC switched screens in mid flight

btsloan

Reactions
Today in mid-flight of my Mavic 3 Classic the DJI RC controller's screen jumped to "Go Fly screen" twice in 2 minutes. I am pretty sure I didn't touch anything on screen. I pressed Go Fly, got a blank screen then the camera screen came back on like nothing had happened. The second time press Go Fly again then back to the camera screen. Over all the Fly App on Android seem buggy to me. Never had this issue on the Apple version of Fly. Before landing I tried to bring up the "Go Fly" screen by touching the screen everywhere and it didn't come up. Any else seen this issue before. DJI Tech support is a waste of time.

Try restarting the controller. If the issue persists I would contact DJI support

Yes, I had that twice last week. As it cleared itself fairly quickly, I didn't get too concerned about it.
My firmware is all up to date, but I would also hope that if this turns out to be an issue, it will be fixed via future updates.

Today in mid-flight of my Mavic 3 Classic the DJI RC controller's screen jumped to "Go Fly screen" twice in 2 minutes. I am pretty sure I didn't touch anything on screen. I pressed Go Fly, got a blank screen then the camera screen came back on like nothing had happened. The second time press Go Fly again then back to the camera screen. Over all the Fly App on Android seem buggy to me. Never had this issue on the Apple version of Fly. Before landing I tried to bring up the "Go Fly" screen by touching the screen everywhere and it didn't come up. Any else seen this issue before. DJI Tech support is a waste of time.
Hi, I’ve had the same issue on my DJI RC with my M3P and Air 2S.

Similar problem with RC and m3p.

PITA when you’re just starting to execute a maneuver, you push the stick and nothing happens. Look down and the RC has switched the Go Fly screen.

Mine has been doing this constantly for months. Often more than a dozen times in an hour-long session. Haven't been able to get anything from DJI, but always hoping a new firmware update will solve it. Never has. Would love it if someone has a solid answer. Flying a Mavic 3.
@mobilehomer What do you mean by a "back" button. I don't recall having such a button and I can't find any reference to it in the DJI RC manual.

I did a screen recording of the whole flight. Sure enough the screen switched. I thought I touch it with my thumb knuckle. I reviewed the video and sure enough I did. May put so painters tape the so I don't do it again. Any else this is happening to do a screen recording of the flight to check it out. There is a left arrow in the upper left hand corner which does the switching. Really close to the edge of the screen.

Hi mate, I had the exact problem when I purchased a standalone DJI RC for my Mavic 3. All software/firmware were up to date at the time. No one on this forum could help me. When the current software/firmware was released, I decided to unpair the aircraft to the RC and relink it again (I think it is called binding on the app. I then updated the RC software and the drone firmware and after that I had no more issues. Give it a go...

Reactions: dennisj
Hi mate, I had the exact problem when I purchased a standalone DJI RC for my Mavic 3. All software/firmware were up to date at the time. No one on this forum could help me. When the current software/firmware was released, I decided to unpair the aircraft to the RC and relink it again (I think it is called binding on the app. I then updated the RC software and the drone firmware and after that I had no more issues. Give it a go...

I'm in the same boat, M3 and RC, bought separately. Seems to happen when im switching between zoom modes and/ or adjusting something within the camera settings.

Will try this. Cheers.

I'm in the same boat, M3 and RC, bought separately. Seems to happen when im switching between zoom modes and/ or adjusting something within the camera settings.

Will try this. Cheers.
I did a screen recording of my recent flight and discovered that I accidently hit the change screen arrow on the camera view with the knuckle of my thumb. Good it wasn't the software.

This is a common problem that’s caused by inadvertently touching the screen not by a software glitch. I’ve watched many of my students have this problem using the SC, RC, and SC/RC Pro, the remote doesn’t matter, hand placement does. I experienced it a few times in Go4 when I got my first SC and determined it to be my error not the remote/software, I now own all three RC/SC models and never have this problem.

I got into an argument with a student in my class late last year over this issue. I flew his drone (M3P/RC) with his remote and never had the issue, I let him fly my M2, M3, and M3P using all 3 of my remotes, all magically and suddenly developed this “problem” in both Go4 and Fly. He continued to argue that it was a DJI defect and not his fault, what he didn’t now was when he was flying my M2 and M3, I had turned on the screen record for the SC and RCPrO before handing him the remote. I showed him the video and showed him what a screen touch looks like, and pointed out his errors. He wasn’t totally convinced but agreed to try adjusting his hand placement next time he flew.

Two days later at the next class he came up before class started and thanked me for fixing his software problem. A bit confuse, I ask what he was talking about. He informed me that the screen problem was determined to be an ID 10T operator error and was mostly under control.

• Haha
Reactions: PointG and Jake 61
Yes, it happen again, so un-pairing is not the fix.
I now agree with the post's above about touching the screen.
I need to work on this now...

Reactions: Don Wiley
Yes, it happen again, so un-pairing is not the fix.
I now agree with the post's above about touching the screen.
I need to work on this now...
I you are using the DJI RC controller. record the screen for the whole flight. That is how I notice that indeed I did touch the screen with my thumb knuckle. Where ever you touch it there will be a gray dot shows up on the screen briefly.

I had a good one today. My Mini 3 Pro controller (built in screen) went totally black. Yeh, black. I hit a few buttons and got it to come on but went black again. I could not get it to recover. I hit the RTH, and when it came close I manually landed the UAV. Then the controller screen cam back. Anyone else have this eperience? Thanks guys and gals.

Mine has been doing this constantly for months. Often more than a dozen times in an hour-long session. Haven't been able to get anything from DJI, but always hoping a new firmware update will solve it. Never has. Would love it if someone has a solid answer. Flying a Mavic 3.
@mobilehomer What do you mean by a "back" button. I don't recall having such a button and I can't find any reference to it in the DJI RC manual.
Its on the DJI RC Pro not the DJI RC, FYI this pass week DJI updated the Go Fly app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada