DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh *doesn't* cover sunk drones!?

Shawn King

Reactions
Just (within the last hour) lost my DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I had been flying over our local harbour for the past 35 minutes with no issues. Got some great shots. Suddenly, the M2P literally plummets out of the sky into the harbour! Unrecoverable (at least, by me). Immediately come here to look for info about how to go about getting DJI Refresh replacement package and I see a couple of comments stating that if you can't physically recover the drone, DJI won't replace it.

Please tell me that isn't true....

Just (within the last hour) lost my DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I had been flying over our local harbour for the past 35 minutes with no issues. Got some great shots. Suddenly, the M2P literally plummets out of the sky into the harbour! Unrecoverable (at least, by me). Immediately come here to look for info about how to go about getting DJI Refresh replacement package and I see a couple of comments stating that if you can't physically recover the drone, DJI won't replace it.

I feel for you but this topic has been beat to death, buried, resurrected, beat to death and buried x10000. If you can physically get the drone or prove that it’s an issue with the hardware, you should be ok but if not, you’re out of luck. I would guess it was a bird that knocked it out of the sky.

Reactions: SixStringer1000
Sad but true.

Holy crap.

Do you think the crash was due to an aircraft malfunction or pilot error?

Definitely malfunction. I'm a new pilot but a cautious one. I was flying straight and level, no obstacles, over water, no birds, nothing. I looked down at the screen to check my altitude and saw my height indicator was in the red and minus, which wasn't possible. Drone was at least 20 meters high and well within visual range. Then it just started coming straight down and *fast*. It wasn't gliding down as if it was landing.

The two guys watching me said, "Well, that was weird...." :(

They will ask to see your flight logs...

How do I access those? Can I look at them as well?

Thanks for the help - and the bad news. :(

Flying for 35 mins? Just curious, what’s the expected flight time of the M2P?

f you can physically get the drone or prove that it’s an issue with the hardware, you should be ok but if not, you’re out of luck. I would guess it was a bird that knocked it out of the sky.

Definitely not a bird strike. Drone was in visual range and I had eyes on it. I'm very cautious around the large birds we have here in the harbour and there were none around.

As others have said, you need the drone or the flight logs from the RC need to indicate a hardware failure. Talk to DJI about the latter and see what they say - it sure seems likely to have been the case given your later posts.

Failing that, if there's a local diving club and you have a pretty accurate idea of where it went down, you might be able to get one of them to try and retrieve the drone for a fee. It'll depend on what the sea bed is like at that point, and whether it's even safe to dive, but still cheaper than a total loss. Don't leave this too long though as it might well move with the tide - I'd start asking around ASAP, just in case DJI won't budge on the hardware failure.

If DJI determines warranty claim is inconclusive or operator error, they may offer a 30% on AC only. Not sure if that's also with the battery.
What I'm not sure of is if the 30% is off of retail of full package, or retail value of AC only.

Is it saying that when I'm old and senile and forget where I put my drone I can't claim?
I think that would be fully lost ;)

They probably mean if you're missing the camera/gimbal (for example).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User