DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI REFRESH WORTH IT?

dirtfishingman

Reactions
Long story short. I purchased the mini fly more from best buy for 499.99 and the Drone protection. Well they said it covers everything. Even accidents. So went to best buy and seen the mini 2. I went home and the mini took a hard fall. I went to best buy today and they looked at the drone and they gave me a $540 gift card. So waiting to place my order next week on the mini 2.

Question is how does dji refresh work? Is it better then best buy drone protection?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-165432_Best Buy.jpg
    Screenshot_20201028-165432_Best Buy.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Thomas B
State farm insurance is cheaper and will cover the drone even if you can not recover it, other wise I will go with the DJI Refresh.

I got DJI Refresh because State Farm doesn't cover drones in Cali. I'm not positive but I've seen a couple people mention that if you do a claim with State Farm that they will cover it but then immediately drop your drone insurance and that the claim will likely also increase your regular insurance costs.

I got DJI Refresh because State Farm doesn't cover drones in Cali. I'm not positive but I've seen a couple people mention that if you do a claim with State Farm that they will cover it but then immediately drop your drone insurance and that the claim will likely also increase your regular insurance costs.
I'm not sure you have the whole picture. The drone insurance is a stand-alone personal articles policy which is unrelated to any other insurance. You do not have to have another State Farm Policy to take out drone insurance (if allowed in your state). But even if State Farm dropped you after a claim, you're still way ahead if you had to use it. FWIW I recently insured my Mavic 2 Pro for $60 and was just quoted an additional $25 to add on my Mini.

To answer the OP's question, there are three factors involved. Neither Best Buy nor DJI refresh will cover you if you drone flys away and is not recovered, while State Farm does cover fly aways, crashes, theft and pretty much anything. Between Best Buy and DJI, it depdends on the cost. The rub with Best Buy is that you have to get the replacement from them, assuming they will have it or something similar. Will they have a Mini 2? It's good to know though that Best Buy has that type of coverage. How much did it cost you?

I'm not sure you have the whole picture. The drone insurance is a stand-alone personal articles policy which is unrelated to any other insurance. You do not have to have another State Farm Policy to take out drone insurance (if allowed in your state). But even if State Farm dropped you after a claim, you're still way ahead if you had to use it. FWIW I recently insured my Mavic 2 Pro for $60 and was just quoted an additional $25 to add on my Mini.

To answer the OP's question, there are three factors involved. Neither Best Buy nor DJI refresh will cover you if you drone flys away and is not recovered, while State Farm does cover fly aways, crashes, theft and pretty much anything. Between Best Buy and DJI, it depdends on the cost. The rub with Best Buy is that you have to get the replacement from them, assuming they will have it or something similar. Will they have a Mini 2? It's good to know though that Best Buy has that type of coverage. How much did it cost you?
Thank you. Best cost 179.99 for 2 years. Is your $60 a year ?

Thank you. Best cost 179.99 for 2 years. Is your $60 a year ?

Yes. $60/year for my M2 not including the extra cost for my Mini which was quoted as $25 extra.

That is totally false! SF has covered all kinds of claims without dropping coverage. And your statement about them increasing your other coverage is blatantly false. It’s a stand alone policy. Not only would it be illegal, but they don’t even look at your other policies if you have a claim.

Reactions: zeusfl
After looking at the out clauses DJI refresh has, mainly you have to recover the drone & send it to them I opted for insurance from Cover Drone, they include all equipment in the air or on the ground against damage, theft or loss.
Not saying DJI refresh is bad but I think you could do better.

Reactions: JMMath and zeusfl
Hmmm... this reminds me. Does anyone from the UK have insurance for their drone besides DJI Refresh?

I've been taking my chances flying uninsured in China because DJI said if I buy their package in China, it only covers me for accidents that happen in China, which doesn't work for me since I expect to leave in a few months.

Hmmm... this reminds me. Does anyone from the UK have insurance for their drone besides DJI Refresh?

I've been taking my chances flying uninsured in China because DJI said if I buy their package in China, it only covers me for accidents that happen in China, which doesn't work for me since I expect to leave in a few months.
I am UK & have insurance, look at the post above

Reactions: Heindrich1988
That’s not true at least not for me I made a claim and they did not raise my rates or do anything different

If you're a homeowner most insurance companies will allow you to list a drone under a personal articles policy, $60-$30/year.

IMO this is the golden standard for insuring. It's cheap and they'll cover your drone no matter what, you simply call them up and let them know it crashed, fell into a lake, etc and you'll have a check in the mail covering the full cost. Problem is you only get 1 mulligan, as soon as you use it they'll send you a letter near your renewal date and inform you they're dropping the drone coverage.

Source: My experience.

That sucks but I don't blame them at the same time. Is a one-time shot.

Reactions: JMMath
Nope. My first Air had a collision and they replaced it with a refurbished model. Worked okay for about 10 months then started having connectivity and control issues. 4 replacements later, all refurbished, and the problem has not been resolved. They refuse to send me a new one, so I’ve kind of given up. I will not purchase the plan should I ever get another DJI. Did I mention this ordeal has stretched over 2 months? Ugh!

Last edited:
Long story short. I purchased the mini fly more from best buy for 499.99 and the Drone protection. Well they said it covers everything. Even accidents. So went to best buy and seen the mini 2. I went home and the mini took a hard fall. I went to best buy today and they looked at the drone and they gave me a $540 gift card. So waiting to place my order next week on the mini 2.

Question is how does dji refresh work? Is it better then best buy drone protection?
Dji refresh is your best bet. You crash, they send a new one. Great!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica