DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI released DJI FLY Update ver 1.5.10

Smooth Rhythm

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This update is in the App Store for iOS. Ver. 1.5.10, size 454.3 MB, released 14 hours ago. It states “fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.” No further indication in the App Store as to what this update addresses. Unknown whether there is an update for android at this time. I haven’t checked the M3 yet to see if there is an accompanying firmware update, but I am about to do that shortly.

Re: update to M3 ver 1.5.10, I performed 3 tests. No new firmware update. ( I'm in Laurel, Maryland, and use the default RC)

Test 1: Within 15 secs with M3 still on the ground, I had 7 satellites. After 1:40 sec, HP was announced with 12 sats. In 3 mins, I had 17 sats.

Test 2: M3 and controller turned off and restarted, with a different battery. I got 17 sats almost immediately, within 10 secs with HP announced.

Test 3: M3 and RC turned off and restarted. Same as above, 17 sats within 10sec.

Crossing my fingers! lol

I sure wish they'd bother to tell us what these updates are for, and what they do.
The introduction of "We have to pass it to see what's in it" mentality should never have become a thing.

I fear one of these days there'll be an "Update" we'll all blindly download, and our drones will become just short of useless bricks that won't do anything they were once capable of.....or...they'll become useless bricks that now need a paid for upgrade to partially work again.

This update is in the App Store for iOS. Ver. 1.5.10, size 454.3 MB, released 14 hours ago. It states “fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.” No further indication in the App Store as to what this update addresses. Unknown whether there is an update for android at this time. I haven’t checked the M3 yet to see if there is an accompanying firmware update, but I am about to do that shortly.
Hoping maybe RC pro will support Mavic Air 2 - got update a fee days ago to .0720 from .0700. I figured if a Fly App update followed I have a good chance. About to check it out.

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
Re: update to M3 ver 1.5.10, I performed 3 tests. No new firmware update. ( I'm in Laurel, Maryland, and use the default RC)

Test 1: Within 15 secs with M3 still on the ground, I had 7 satellites. After 1:40 sec, HP was announced with 12 sats. In 3 mins, I had 17 sats.

Test 2: M3 and controller turned off and restarted, with a different battery. I got 17 sats almost immediately, within 10 secs with HP announced.

Test 3: M3 and RC turned off and restarted. Same as above, 17 sats within 10sec.

Crossing my fingers! lol
Restart of drone doesn’t reveal much. Restarts have gotten instantaneous locks all along. Cold start in new location after at least 30 minutes would provide a better sense of any improvement. Thanks.

Crossing my fingers! lol
The slow SAT acquisition has only been for cold startups for me. After the initial acquisition, my times are consistent with your tests 2 and 3.

Currently testing a cold start and I'm at 7 SATs at 12 minutes and counting. Took off to hover and I'm to 9 at 15 minutes. 😕

Homepoint acquired at 17 minutes.

The slow SAT acquisition has only been for cold startups for me. After the initial acquisition, my times are consistent with your tests 2 and 3.

Currently testing a cold start and I'm at 7 SATs at 12 minutes and counting. Took off to hover and I'm to 9 at 15 minutes. 😕

Similar and the worst performance yet. Biggest difference is it won't keep locks after getting them. Up to 11, down to 8, up ro 12, Homepoint recorded, lost, down to 10. Total time: 16 minutes 41 seconds. FLEW OFF WITH 14. Flew out 100 yards and back. Landed with 11. Possibly this is a change to the app to support an about to be released FW update. Sure hope so. It's really horrible now.

Oh, and Mavic Air 2 has not gained the ability to pair, so there's that.

Restart of drone doesn’t reveal much. Restarts have gotten instantaneous locks all along. Cold start in new location after at least 30 minutes would provide a better sense of any improvement. Thanks.
Good point; I’ll try that.

Reactions: GrimtheViking

Crossing my fingers! lol
This app does not fix the GPS issues, that will be an update to the drone itself.

That is absolutely absurd. So much for longer flight time! This is worse than any GPS I've ever used including any of the 4 different DJI drones I owned and flew. Actually that GPS performance reminds me of Garmin GPS back in the mid 90s!!

Reactions: GrimtheViking
This app does not fix the GPS issues, that will be an update to the drone itself.
I don't see any difference in version numbers but my Mavic 3 received an update today as well as the DJI FLY app..... version number for the aircraft is listed as 01.00.0500, no change from before the update.

I did get Sat Lock from a cold start in about two minutes...... but could be just a coincidence due to clear skies today.

Reactions: Suren
You’re right. I waited an hour and went to a new location one mile away from the previous and performed a cold start. It took seven minutes + to acquire 12 satellites.

Try this workaround: As soon as the aircraft locates 8 satellites, turn it off, and turn it back on. If it works, it should set the Home Point almost immediately upon reboot, even though it only has 8 or 9 satellites and the satellite count is still yellow. Worked for me on a completely cold boot before the app update was installed. My time from initial boot to the reboot and Home Point setting was 1 minute 20 seconds! The altitude ceiling is also set to 1640’ instead of 96’m even though only 8 or 9 satellites. Try it, and report back.

Once the Home Point has been set, it can't be "lost" no matter how low the satellite count fluctuates. You can easily verify the location of the set Home Point on the map to make sure it is acceptable. You can also manually reset the Home Point at any time during flight to any place on the map, including the controller location, and the current Aircraft location.

Reactions: Jeff Scheetz

Crossing my fingers! lol
Simular thing happened to me. But before the update

DJi Support contacted me for the requested information on the new DJI Fly 1.5.10 version

In response to your inquiry, below are the new updates for the DJI Fly App

1. Added support for QuickShots, Panorama, and QuickTransfer on DJI Mavic 3 (update to latest aircraft firmware version to use these features).
2. Added support for DJI RC Pro to save files on a microSD card and output LiveView only with HDMI (update to latest remote controller firmware version to use these features).
3. Optimized user experience when adjusting camera settings in Pro mode.
4. Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.

I thought we determined that flying at the North Pole was gonna have that problem 😅

• Haha
Reactions: KLRSKIR
With my Mini 2 the update is done through the DJI Fly app

DJi Support contacted me for the requested information on the new DJI Fly 1.5.10 version

1. Added support for QuickShots, Panorama, and QuickTransfer on DJI Mavic 3 (update to latest aircraft firmware version to use these features).
2. Added support for DJI RC Pro to save files on a microSD card and output LiveView only with HDMI (update to latest remote controller firmware version to use these features).
Weird. I thought those changes were already made on 1.5.9

All those updates were already present in the January FW update and Fly update to 1.5.09. Nothing new there at all!
You got an ignorant support rep!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair