• Date: 2022.01.19
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.21.30
  • Remote Controller: v04.12.00.55
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.4

What's New?
  • Fixed some bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Thanks for the info, updating now. Seems like its not obvious what its for but maybe they will update the info. I hope sometime in the future they will expand the compatibility with other drones. It would be nice to use one controller for Air 2S and Mini 2 like I did with the older smart controller.

Reactions: zeusfl
Thanks for the info, updating now. Seems like its not obvious what its for but maybe they will update the info. I hope sometime in the future they will expand the compatibility with other drones. It would be nice to use one controller for Air 2S and Mini 2 like I did with the older smart controller.
It now requires you to unbind ac in the flyapp to do this

Last edited:
Reactions: maggior
possible yes however you will need to unbind ac in your profile on the flyapp every time you want to swap remotes
Correct. I do this every time. The system will allow you to fly the drone only 5 times if you don't unbind and rebind.

Reactions: DDS
I'm speaking of the RC Pro that came with my Air 2S fly more. Its currently only compatible with the Air 2S it came with. The stand alone version is only setup to work with the Mavic 3. (outside of those smart enough to replace the firmware). I'm not speaking of the old smart controller that I did used to own.
With the current firmware, the short answer is not possible (unless you hack to push the other firmware) right now. DJI promises will be compatible in the future. The RC Pro that came for the Mavic 3 is exactly the same hardware and part number that the one that came with the Mavic Air 2S. The difference is the Firmware that DJI installed that locks the aircraft selection.

Reactions: TonyPHX
With the current firmware, the short answer is not possible (unless you hack to push the other firmware) right now. DJI promises will be compatible in the future. The RC Pro that came for the Mavic 3 is exactly the same hardware and part number that the one that came with the Mavic Air 2S. The difference is the Firmware that DJI installed that locks the aircraft selection.
Yes and that is what my original reply was saying. I look forward to the update that allows aircraft management so I can use the RC Pro with more than one model. :)

Reactions: jforester
I'm speaking of the RC Pro that came with my Air 2S fly more. Its currently only compatible with the Air 2S it came with. The stand alone version is only setup to work with the Mavic 3. (outside of those smart enough to replace the firmware). I'm not speaking of the old smart controller that I did used to own.
Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about just the normal RC.

Updated my Air2s no issues. Reconnected without any issues with the RC Pro. Quick bench tests show everything unchanged and working. I will take it out later today for a test flight with the RC Pro.
Just got back from the first flight with the upgraded A2s and the RC Pro. Flight performance was excellent and the connectivity was impressive especially when the signal degradation was drastic (deep red single bar and momentary no bars at all). I am using HD as a video feed setting. I never lost all video (just degraded) and I never lost flight control of the drone. I never experienced such a forgiving behavior. I purposely went to a difficult area (wifi pollution, tall hills and forestation). I am very impressed. I think this update smoothed out the RC Pro connectivity.

Reactions: merak75
Looked through the previous comments but couldn't see it covered....

Be sure to update each of your batteries at the same time before heading out after this f/w update.

👍

No updates for batteries. I swap 4 batteries and the app never ask to update the batteries for this firmware.

Reactions: pommy and EtheB
No updates for batteries. I swap 4 batteries and the app never ask to update the batteries for this firmware.
All three of mine updated, perhaps I'd missed an update - haven't been able to get out these past couple of weeks 😟

Reactions: zeusfl
All DJI batteries are ‘intelligent’ meaning they have their own firmware managing performance/charging etc..
You need to keep that f/w up to scratch as with your drone.

Reactions: Pallidin
I also did a search to find more information on the firmware updates for batteries on the site and came up blank.

So is the process to take each one of my batteries, drop it into my drone and re-initiate the firmware update each time through the DJI assistant?

This is my own personal feeling about firmware updates. If its not broke then don't fix it.
Many of the last few updates have added zero in upgrades in autonomous flights which would be the only reason I would upgrade my firmware other then if I was having a known problem and it fixed it.
I am one of the luck ones I have no issues with connection or anything else so I have opted to not upgrade my firmware.
The last three updates stopped drone hacks from being applied and perhaps addressed some operating system problems like android 12 and the new smart controller connection problems. I have seen many times where one update to solve one problem leads to causing another. Thanks but no thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54